Real estate agent first contact

I ran into that nonsense a few times. Brokerages wanted me to pay a few hundred$$/ month to be on the “preferred vendors list” AKA “pay to play” Never did it, total BS.
Cheers

2 Likes

Face it REALTORS are in control, I have had potential clients tell me that they are using their REALTORS inspector and had no idea who that was. If that’s not a conflict don’t know what is. We as a group, maybe with some help from InterNachi need to write to our state real estate commissions and attorney generals and complain of what I feel are unethical business practices.

1 Like

We are now regulated under the Division of Real Estate!

I realize that all states have different statutes, SC inspectors are regulated by the Contractors Board, and Real Estate under the Real Estate Commission which does not appear to regulate referral fees to Realtors but the Contractors Board does prohibit Home Inspectors by revocation for paying a referral fee.

That never made sense to me, Mike.

Sure it does. It is to control us. Intimate us. We should be under OBBS. They understand codes and could give us better guidelines than Real Estate.

1 Like

Tyson chicken and Fosters farms are 2 of the biggest donors to the American Heart Association. This world is controlled and intimidated on many levels.