Realtor.com

Originally Posted By: aroden
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I was just wondering if there is a reason that NACHI doesn’t advertise on Realtor.com. The website appears to automatically go out and fetch houses off MLS sites from around the nation.

I inputted a house into my local MLS (while wearing my broker hat) and it showed up the next day at Realtor.com, with my pictures and all, without me having to do anything - so if a Realtor has a house for sale it's going to be listed on Realtor.com.

If buyers know about Realtor.com, they can browse any cities MLS without even talking to a Realtor - as a previous homebuyer, I like that. And seller's can run comparables without any hassles prior to selling their home.

The site has a tools menu on the home page with: 'Find a Mover' and 'Find a Lender' but they have no 'Find an Inspector'. And I'm curious why that is?

It seems like, on first glance, a way to get NACHI in front of more buyers and sellers. Of course I'm a first glance expert and not a deep thinker, so who knows.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

We are building a competing site to REALTOR.com It will have a few advantages:

Free to agents.
FSBO's welcome.
No ads.

and the kicker...

when a potential home buyer is looking for home in a particular area, he/she is automaticlly sent the contact information from the NACHI members that service that area.

This site is currently offline while we wait for the right time to release. The URL is REALmatcher.com

Nick

Originally Posted By: tgardner

Nick - any news on REALmatcher.com?

Tim Gardner

Originally Posted By: kleonard