ride along

Originally Posted By: Martin Israel
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Who do I contact to set up a ride along with an inspector in my area?

Thanks for your help. icon_question.gif

Martin Israel
Cuontryside Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: gbell

On the home page there is a link to Featured Inspectors. From that list e-mail anyone who is a few hours from you and ask if they would take you. It is easier to get someone with whom you would not be in competition with.

Good Luck

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: lfranklin

Why is there competition with inspectors?

Looks like if the new guy cant get any inspection, they need to learn more. If the old guy loose inspection to new guy then he needs to learn more. New or Old doesn’t matter.Both has to learn for the industry to grow and can learn from each other. I just don’t understand the competing between inspectors. The day I quit competing Is the day my business starting to grow.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Competition can be fun. Well its all fun if you’re making money. I know that back when I owned peach inspections, Dan started out as an employee, then became a direct competitor, then both, now he is one of the owners that bought me out. Steve Mento started out as an employee, became a partner, and now is a direct competitor. Joe Myers was a competitor and an employee at the same time for a couple years. Who cares as long as everyone is making money. A local direct competitor who can cover for you while you go on vacation or help you when your busy can be the best tool you own. We used to consult with each other about vacation scheduling. If one was slow, we would refer the farther away inspections to him. If one was busy, we would help. I miss it.

Nick

Originally Posted By: lfranklin

Nick

Sorry to say I don’t see what you describe as competition. Sounds to me more like friends helping friends. All parties learning none of them being the dominate one. Competion to me is to beat someone, or something, down to see which is better.

Inspectors should do like you said. But not compet to put each other out of buissness . (Unless their a real bad inspector that does’t care)

We may have a different understanding of the meaning of the word competition.