Romex Sheathing in Panel

Originally Posted By: roconnor
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

jpeck wrote:
I've looked through these posts twice and don't see where anyone also mentioned the multiple tapped neutrals.

Maybe ya need better glasses ... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Oct 13, 2004 7:31 PM ... roconnor wrote:
Add double lug neutrals to the list of things to be fixed ...

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jpeck

roconnor wrote:
jpeck wrote:
I've looked through these posts twice and don't see where anyone also mentioned the multiple tapped neutrals.

Maybe ya need better glasses ... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Oct 13, 2004 7:31 PM ... roconnor wrote:
Add double lug neutrals to the list of things to be fixed ...

Knew I should go to bed early tonight to catch up on my sleep from being out of town since last Thursday. (not 'shocked', but to represent bug eyes needing sleep )

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Timothy Pope wrote:
There is no main disconnect at all. The service wires come straight from the meter through a plastic raceway into this box.

If there is no main disconnect ahead of the panel, it a problem. Are ya sure there is no disconnect with the meter (maybe post a pic). Sometimes the meter enclosure also has a built in service disconnect (actually directly below it). There would then also need to be a bond/ground wire run from the service disconnect to the panel, which I can't make out.

Timothy Pope wrote:

So, wouldn't this then be considered the service panel and bonding should be done here?

I guess if there is no main disconnect then that would be the "service panel" ... but it would still be wrong cause it would not meet the 6-Switch rule for shutting down the service.

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong