Roof item description needed

Trying to get through this report from the weekend as I was down a couple days from an allergic reaction and the roof was a little odd with flat -shed combinations and a possible TPR material with bad sheathing support,almost like a trampoline and no attic.
My question is what to call the fascia and eave sections covered with trim that formed side ledges with open seams and seemed to be allowing Water Intrusion into the wood beneath.

Looks to be areas where one might find gravel stops but how do I address these ledges and what do I call them ?



Where does the water go left to right in the make shift gutter?

It appears that some of the soffit has already been replaced due to rot.

Yeah that ledging is all around on the flat roof with gutters only at bottom where you expect.
What should I call that ledging ?

I t looks like a water trap to me and a bad design.
Rafter tails at exterior side are rotted.

1960s build if that explains anything.

Seems gravel stops would have been better.

I would write it as flashing appears inadequate ad pics with some arrows and circles showing catch points and water flow.

Yeah I got that part as it is obvious but want to know what to call the ledging as it is a big issue here.[ATTACH][ATTACH]


Never seen anything like this before.’’
Just a couple roof vents and that is it.

Are you referring to the cantilevered beam you are holding?

Mike I am and have been referring to the ledge along the perimiter which is also above the gutters .Look at the angle and it is covered with trim.
It is at the roof edge.

Thought my pics were clear.

On a couple different computers here I will draw an arrow.Doing this report,taking calls at same time…booked 4 while posting this.Glad because I was laid out last 36 hours.

I bet Marcel Cyr would love the opportunity to assist you. Why don’t you just give him a call? :twisted:

As for me assisting, no thanks, you burned that bridge a long time ago! -X

Yeah I see you like ruining threads with wise mouth comments.
Hope you are nicer to clients but thanks for taking the time to come here for that idiotic statement.

Please find some actual jobs and get a better attitude.

You may now return to more important job of harrasing vendors and insulting members.

Get a life.:roll:

You have become a stalker.

Bob, I have no clue what to call it and i see no reason to know.

Show the problem and move on.

Sour Grapes since Linas cut you off. Hope your “Allergic Condition” heals soon. :shock:

Please put me on ignore as you simply have a goal of
poisoning every thread.

This is a systems and components post not a Jeffery vendetta thread.
Go away.

ESOP needs to look at guys like you.
Stop making everything about you and focus on others so you will not be so hated by many including me who used to respect you.

Please find a political forum to spend your empty time.
Still looking for an answer guys so please ignore the infiltrator.:)…I will.

Bob, Ignore Jeff, he’s a troublemaker (and stalker). It looks like that is part of the built in gutter system.
Hope this helps.

I would just call it a pre bent flashing. I do not believe there is an actual name for it. They tried to make a gutter and failed.

OK thanks guys.
Wanted a few opinions on the design name if it had one.

Maybe I can call it a gutter ledge or gutter shelf.

Linus I tried to give you a job but some male secretary…? answered when I asked for you.
Don’t you answer the phone anymore ?
Got sick and needed a guy on the south side Monday .

Hmm just looked at the illustrations.

I have several people answering the phone. You didn’t leave a message.

I needed someone right away …no time for call backs.
Something to think about ?

I lose jobs when I do not answer right away at times.

Same here. Do you answer your phone during an inspection, when you are on a ladder, in a crawlspace or rolling a doob?

Yes, though you may know more about the last one.
That is for you hipsters.:slight_smile:
During a 3-4 hour inspection my clients understand taking a 2 minute client call if needed.

Heck odds are I took there call the same way plus I keep moving and inspecting rather than stopping.

Usually a referral that I will call back later.

That is why cell phones are so great otherwise might as well keep the land line.Mine is still hooked up but only used to amuse myself with the 800 number callers.

"Yes sonny do you want my s.s and credit card number "?