Roofing 101 Amazing

The home had an unusual roof design, which probably contributed to the “roofer” confusion and misunderstanding. The attached photos show this
90 year old townhome end unit. Adding the rear flat roof addition did not help the situation, absolutely no flashing at the flat roof!! I appreciate all comments, in this particular case, I called out the roof within 2 minutes of arrival before setting the ladder. It is what it is, a big ------ mess! :slight_smile:
P.S. The wall surface is not EIFS, 1 or 2 coat stucco over masonry wall.

broadship 002.JPG

broadship 077.JPG

broadship 076.JPG

broadship 134.JPG

Thanks for the info. Marcel. just ordered the two books but hopefully I won’t be doing anymore roofs. Retiring from construction.

Thanks John. Always nice to see the whole story.
I will look into it again John but I did the EIFS course and stucco hard-coat systems and any 1 or 2 part stucco system fall under the same heading EIFS if I am not mistaken.
I will review it and get back to you.
[FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]

I agree, I’ve never heard the term “shotgun method” except referring to marriage.

One thing about construction terms, they vary by location and by trade or profession. You can be talking about the exact same thing with someone and each think the other is dead wrong.