On yesterdays inspection the SEC is running over head through the neighbors yard and running through their tree. What verbiage would you suggest to give the buyers to use to approach there neighbors with this issue if any?

Recommend they contact the PoCo (Power Co) to have limbs trimmed so as to avoid possible damage to and interferences with the SEC coming to the home from the pole. Let the PoCo deal with the neighbors as they have jurisdiction over the power lines and any easements and access issues.


Since these are normally under the utilities control access should automatically granted. I am assuming you are asking about the triplex from the pole. The service entrance conductors would be on the house or mast.

The municipal electric company should be cutting these branches back regularly, but I’ve ran into this same situation several times.

Simply note to have tree branches cleared away from SE cables. It’s not your responsibility who does it.