Seller inspection report download terms.

There’s three “Pre Listing Programs” being rolled out in the near future from what I can tell.

1. The Nachi Program
  2. The Dave Kilma/Thornberry Program
  3. The Preston Sandlin/Porch Program

All of these programs capture leads/client information in one form or another and don’t really seem to do much for us inspectors except possibly get us more inspections for the same price. Increased business for some, means less for others. Seems like since we as inspectors are the ones on the front lines of this information gathering and the leads are worth so much to everyone but us, we should be benefiting more than just getting more inspections at the same price.

How about this-
-I perform a free sellers inspection.
-I put the report online available for purchase.
-Before the report is downloaded I ask if the individual would like an agent to contact them.
-If yes, I have the right to sell that lead to an agent.

No corporation involvement whatsoever. No warranty/alarm company involvement. My business expands because people looking for houses see my report and I have a damn good report.
If this pre listing inspection/data gathering really is the future and unavoidable then I want to be in control of as much as possible. That way I can be straight up. No “Opt In” email. No fine print. No worry of a corporate lie.

I thought Preston was against Porch? I missed that.

He flipped. He flew to Seattle last week and had a meeting with them. His stance now is that the data gatherers are not going away so we need to attempt to control it. By partnering with them apparently.

It’s all about the $$$$$$ :frowning:

ABSOLUTELY !!! I* have said this for years. These lead brokers should be paying top dollar for this info, not just trading you some useless gimmick or pretending you are gonna get more leads, that’s all a bunch of BS.

We should start another thread, to discuss this and make it happen.

Jim

Jim

That’s a good start, I have many other ideas to increase the cash to inspectors and cut out all these clowns that are currently making the loot of US.

Jim