Sellers Inspections

Originally Posted By: jsmith3
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am working on a letter to people who have their homes listed, hopefully to get the inspection for the home they may purchase and also to offer sellers inspections. Should the sellers inspection be done the same as a buyers inspection? What is the liability with the sellers inspection, does it tend to get transferred to the buyers? Should there be a different inspection agreement for sellers?

Jon

Originally Posted By: lkage

Remember, inspections give an accounting of the condition of the home at the time of the inspection whether it’s for a seller or buyer.

I would think your liability would be the same whether the inspection is done for either party.

The report may be used to show the corrections made that were pointed out by the report for the seller BUT that doesn't mean the condition of the home hasn't changed since that inspection took place.

I use the same agreement.

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: jmurray

jsmith3 wrote:
I am working on a letter to people who have their homes listed, hopefully to get the inspection for the home they may purchase and also to offer sellers inspections. Should the sellers inspection be done the same as a buyers inspection? What is the liability with the sellers inspection, does it tend to get transferred to the buyers? Should there be a different inspection agreement for sellers?

Jon

Good luck in successfully distributing the letters through US mail if that is the method you are choosing. I have done this before and have not received a direct phone call from my efforts. Also approx. 30 to 40% of the letters that I sent out were returned because the seller has already left the residence.

--
"A little less conversation and a little more action"!

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Jon,

Do yourself a favor. Put your money into other effective marketing methods. Most of us have tried this method and it has a high no-response rate.

It's a big waste of time, effort and money.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jsmith3

Thanks for your advice. I’m fairly new - part-time for 2 years and since I went full-time (June 1) business has nearly dropped off and this should be the busy season. What have you found to be effective marketing?

Jon

Originally Posted By: lewens

Go to the marketing section of the board and start reading. There is a wealth of info just waiting to be used there and it is worth every bit of the $289.00 membership fee.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/