Septic Tanks

Originally Posted By: bdowd
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

As a rule of thumb, does anyone know the cycle that tanks should be pumped? How many years in between before a problem rises PEEEEUUU icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Sorry about that. it’s a 750gal tank, Two adults.Full Time, Last service 7-years ago

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I always recommend to my clients, where septic tanks are involved, that they ask the seller to have it pumped and inspected.

Around here, if both are done on the same trip, you can get this done for about $125.00.

7 years. Its about time. Better to get it done now than wait until a problem arises.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Thank You Gentleman

Bruce Dowd

A & A Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: csewell

In addition to having tank pumped and inspected prior to sale, I recommend the following to the new owners, “The septic tanks must be pumped out every 3 ? 5 years, depending on the size of the family and its water usage; do it two years after move-in and then determine if 3 years or more will be appropriate ? also pump out the kitchen grease trap, if there is one.” I also say a lot more since I live in TX in clay soil country and I have over 25 years personal experience living with septic systems. When you have questions like this, do a Google search and you will find many answers. Anything beyond five years is asking for trouble.

Charles Sewell

Originally Posted By: arosenbaum

Don’t know if this would help, but I read somewhere that an easy reminder to know when to pump the septic system is do it every Presidential election icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: psabados

That’s fitting

Out with old, in with the new

Paul