Shaft...

If it is accurate to go sideways then it is accurate up and down as far as I am concerned. The real problem is that no useless pictures prove anything. We should use our knowledge and tell them what it is. I am just playing by the foolish rules others made.

You are not measuring side to side, not even looking for the nail. You are estimating the space between the nails. By traveling in one direction(as directed by most classes) the scanner should beep at approximately the same distance from each nail each time. We are not looking for the nails but figuring the distance between. This is why it is important to travel in one direction and smoothly. Moving in two directions the MT-6 can beep at different times. The depth gauge is used for distance to rebar, a huge difference.

I understand all that.

I just do what I need to do to help the client when I KNOW it is a 8D nail but cannot show the asinine picture so many have agreed to provide when it should have been fought from the start.

It seems to ALWAYS work and I only do it when I KNOW what is there.

Exactly how do KNOW that 8d nails were used…I would like hear your analysis, because you just admitted that you appease the underwriters with a magic marker.

I make an educated decision on how it looks " JUST LIKE ANY OTHER REAL PROFESSIONAL DOES" and believe I am correct. For example I may see the nails are ringed and a large diameter and the roof was also redone recently and had a permit. If I cannot see anything and there is NO permit then I do not assume. If I say so then I am pretty damn sure based on my observations.

The pictures are always bulls h i t and never prove anything but any I provide are from the actual site.

Is this when you start marking horizontal lines at imaginary dimensions?

Wow…still having this conversation. How to use an mt-6

[quote=“thession, post:27, topic:87929”]

Wow…still having this conversation. How to use an mt-6

[/QUOTE]

Tom, that video is for determining depth and location of rebar. I am still waiting for a video that shows the procedure for determining nail length embedded in the rafter. Nobody has ever shown this myth to be conclusive.

It is NOT conclusive but neither is space in my opinion. What is the temp they say the unit has to operate in to be accurate again? I saw it once. Me seeing one and saying so is conclusive though :slight_smile:

You should make a video… :mrgreen:

Hmmm, I’m wonder if there’s a way to include video in a flattened pdf? lol…

Bert

You could likely put a active link to one. Might need acrobat for that as I never tried it with pdfill.