Should classrooms for home inspectors be outlawed in favor of online education?

Attorney Joe Ferry has done a lot of work on this for us and we’ve developed courses on topics of interest to attorneys (inspections, mold, green building, etc.).

We are also working with prominent retired judges to do a series on inspetion issues for attorneys. These of course will also recieve CE approval for attorneys… and of course… promote the use of InterNACHI members as contractor oversight inspectors and expert witnesses.

Little by little, it is all getting sewed up.

Better hurry. We are going to need it here in Kansas. Is that sewed up or screwed up?

This will take those with lots of code and construction experience. Please don’t lead powers that be to think all NACHI “Certified???” inspectors have this expertise and competence. It will lead to a slaughter!

And similarly with the “expert witness” tag…something I’ve done since the 1980’s. This is where other “true” experts can make charlatans whimper!! For example: My last written report for a building owner who was being sued by both the award winning architect and the contractor for many thousands of $$'s she held back due to problems/poor work/ cost overruns, etc, etc. That was sent to the complainants about April 15 with a request for a response from their expert witness or consultants in 30 days…That was approximately 140 days ago and …still not a peep from the other side!!! My next recommendation is to go after the other side for damages to correct the deficiencies (I believe she didn’t hold back enough and I found many more than she was aware of) and pay for my client’s professional fees in this dispute!!

Both statements deserve repeating!!!

P.T. Barnum was right.

It’s getting increasingly difficult to find a home inspection association in the midst of this vending machine.

Note the “comic sans MS” text!!

Brian, too late: www.OverSEEit.com

Anyway, I agree, we are a vending machine, a vending machine that dispenses the products our members ask for, and dispenses most of them for free.

www.nachi.org/benefits.htm

If free benefits are piling up so high that you can’t see over them… I say… welcome to InterNACHI… and learn to climb.

Nick,

I’m getting hammered with anonymous e-mails on this one. You know, the ones that erase themselves after a few minutes. Scumbag cowards who dont have a hair on their a$$es.

Here’s the rub:

Let’s shove this up their collective a$$es…

Which courses?

I’m gonna scream this one to the rafters…

Same thing they said when I announced we’d get state home inspector CE approval for our online courses. They won’t predict it publicly because we keep proving them all wrong.

www.nachi.org/education.htm will eventually have 2 extra columns. One for Bar approvals and one for Real Estate Board approvals. And maybe even a column for insurance adjuster CE: http://www.nachi.org/roofdamageassessmentcourse.htm

Anyway, we have the President of a Bar Association of a major city doing an online video course with us next month for the purpose of educating attorneys on inspection issues and yes it will acquire CE approval. Should be a good show.

So…this is just a long “Nick” kind of way of saying that, indeed, we have NOTalready received bar approval for the CE of lawyers” as opposed to what you published, earlier.

The bars are all small county and city. We have very few. I’ll have you a big city very soon.

And we got some real estate Board approvals for some courses but I didn’t save them. I think I threw them out.

I’ll start applying everywhere and add those columns. We had some real estate classroom courses approved too, but again, I think I threw them away. My bad.

I take that back, I found the classroom approvals by the state Boards of REALTORs.