Originally Posted By: phinsperger
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Of course not all faucets are the same but the basic principle is the same Below is an example of an older MOEN faucet.
1) Turn off the water
2) Open the valve both to hot and cold to releive any water preasure
3) Plug the drian so that any small parts won't be lost down the drain
4) Pop off the cap
5) Remove the retaining screw and handle
6) Remove the cartridge retaining clip
7) Pull out the cartridge. Be sure not to damage any O-rings and note the orientation of the cartigde. For the most part groves, notches, tabs, etc should either be perfectly vertical or horizontal. If they are not this might be causing the problem your having.
8 ) Examine the cartrigde and clear out any gunk that might be clogging the passageways.
9) To assemble the faucet just reverse the steps you did to remove it.
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations