Slow MN message board

The last 7 new posts cover 7 years. Are there ever any MN get togethers?

Where in MN are you located, and how far are you willing to travel?

1 Like

I’m in MN (as is JJ) and haven’t heard of anything local in my few years being a home inspector.

Probably about as for from you as I possibly could be. I live and work in Roseau. I get to the twin cities several time a year.

Park Rapids and Hibbing are about as close as I have come to your neighborhood for inspections.
In fact, I’ve never made it quite as far as you ever!
Someday, maybe.

As for ‘events’, not very likely anytime soon.
I went to an event in Hinkley back in about 2007, and last event in the The Cities about 4 years ago.
Slim pickins in the Upper Midwest. Not even anything in the Chicago area.
Did an event in Milwaukee in about 2009.
Explains our attitudes on this MB at times. Gotta raise our voices if we wanna be heard! :wink:
Good Luck!

2 Likes

Not sure why more Minny-Sotan inspectors don’t want to drive far to get together. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Dunno…!

1 Like

Ya, pretty ugly up here again today. 6 inches of very wet heavy snow yesterday, 4 - 8 more today with 35 mph wind.

1 Like

Decades ago lived near Roosevelt on Lake of the Woods, Hibbing when I was a kid, but settled on Grand Marais. Lots of wet snow here too…

2 Likes

Local HI associations really seem to be going the way of the dinosaur due to the internet. Years ago when I got into this biz in Oregon there were two competing and thriving associations just in the Portland area. I just checked their websites and neither have any events scheduled and both look to be barely alive.

I’m not sure about other areas but Oregon used to require in-person CE to keep your license. When they did away with that and allowed everything online it was the beginning of the end for the local associations. Don’t get me wrong - message boards like this are great but there’s definitely something I miss about sitting around with my competition at a conference. Obviously, this is nothing only related to home inspections. The whole world is going “online”. Kind of sad, really.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have spent a lot of time in Roosevelt

Are there really 297 interNACHI members in MN?

1 Like

Not during winter!

2 Likes

Being chatty; Lived at Sandy Shores on Lake of the Woods, working at Norris Camp, Baltrami State Forest doing forestry timber cruising. Walked a lot of bog and swamp land. Dave House, small sawmill operation in Roosevelt, was a neighbor. That was in the mid 1980’s. There was a bar, (Graystone Saloon??) maybe in Williams, where the owners played music every Friday night. Spent many evenings there. That area is far from any big town, and windy!

1 Like

Funny, I know all those places. I also spent time at Sandy shores in the 80’s at Bob Welins cabin, but I was too young to spend time in the Graceton saloon.

1 Like

Youse twose should get together and start your own Chapter up there!!

2 Likes

Heck ya, google map says we are practically neighbors

1 Like

Only three hours if’n youse meet halfway! :wink:

1 Like

It may be a slow inspection week in Minnesota, while all of the locals try to catch their breaths after the Vikings-Colts game.

Poor Matty Ice, it wasn’t his fault, per se, but he will be the one that is remembered when people look back on this game.

1 Like

That was a fun game, lol. Biggest comeback in NFL history.
Skol!