So true it is of a generation past

nice truck Joe, …my 2020 Hemi Ram has a push button start on the dash also but nowhere near as cool as that power wagon…

My 64 Valiant with a four-speed transmission has no safety switch so…it will start and run while in gear.
I wonder how many run-away cars there were in the 60s? :rofl:

2 Likes

I tore the clutch up soo many times in my 63 valiant that it just kind of got used to starting in first gear with no clutch …

3 Likes

1 Like

Big difference with what it cost today.

1 Like

6 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

My '26 Model T has a floor starter (or you can manually crank start it at the front).

Who can tell me what the three pedals and the hand lever do (without Googling it)?

2 Likes

Not Marcel, but right to left, you have the accelerator, then brake, then forward/reverse lever and the parking brake far left? Maybe the accelerator and brake reversed? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not too far off, but not quite.

From right to left…

Brake pedal, reverse pedal, high/neutral/low pedal. Lever by door is parking brake and also puts the car in neutral.

The high/neutral/low pedal works as follows:
All the way down - Low
In the middle - Neutral
All the way up (released) - High

Throttle is a lever on the steering column, not shown in picture.

2 Likes

My dad has had few. I’ve never driven one so it was guess. He’s collected all kind of cars for over 40 years now. I have some knowledge on the classics, but limited to what he ever owned and what I’ve seen and been around. :wink:

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

I see you have and in with the PEANUT CHEWS, so a case would be nice.

1 Like

Sorry no can do.
Just Born, maker of those Marshmallow Peeps bought them in 2003.

1 Like

1 Like
3 Likes

7 Likes

I certinaly do !!

4 Likes