Some Triple Taps & St. 67 Violations

Hey Guys,

Figured I would post a pic from an inspection I did yesterday…lol…the only think electrically I could find wrong…lol…

Good news…lol…the Sq D Breaker was the type that allows (2) Conductors…lol…the Bad News…(3) were being terminated…

And a nice picture showing improper terminations of Grounded Conductors…

DarrinW.jpg

There seems to always be good news and bad news … lol … the real question is which one do ya want first … :wink:

lol…yeah…I like starting with the GOOD NEWS…so then I can BOMBARD them and KILL their spirit with the Bad NEWS…thehehe…naaaaa…I would not do that…:wink:

I got a QO breaker and tried to figure out what you have a picture of. How was the 3d wire hitting the terminal? It looks like it is just jammed under the insulator.

Greg,

Yeah it was actually jamed in the left connection portion of the breaker…and the correctly installed ones were hardly making connection…and loose…Ran a thermal on it…“for Kicks” and that breaker was 20 degree’s hotter than the others…not saying much on that…but found it interesting…:slight_smile:

Yeah…very hard to tell in that picture…that third one kinda pixels out…

Is that the flash from the camera or really lineman plier nics on several of the wires.

John,

I think it was the flash…the conductors themselves look fine.