Somebody PLEASE tell me

How this work??? Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out! lol :mrgreen:

http://www.crazy-jokes.com/Tricks/alien-mind-invasion.shtml

… you have to be nuts to play in the first place! … I can’t figure it out either, my math prodigy son is asleep :mad: and my wife is viewing the source to decode the HTML or what ever the hell they use to build the damn page. :mrgreen:

It doesn’t.

I can’t figure it out. I only have 2 Masters degrees (Physics and C.S.).

I will ask my wife (who has no degree, but does intergal calculus and differential equations in her head).

Wait.

I know…Want me to xplain? :wha?:

Hint…do all the steps (except clicking the button) on 2 different numbers on a chart & I think you’ll figure it out. :wink:

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE WOMEN!!!

Oh well. 12 years of college education, down the drain.

LOL - You BOYS are just making things too difficult - stop overanalyzing. ((is overanalyzing even a word? :roll:)

Pete, Chris

Its very simple. Without doing anything, look at the symbols next to 0,9,14,15,18,25,27,36,45,54,63,72,74,77,81. They change every time, but those numbers always have the same symbol as each other because those are the only possible answers to the question. Its called combinatorics, but I can’t remember the formula. I was an engineering major but I minored in math.

:mrgreen: I wanted them to figure it out…But VERY GOOD EXPLANATION.

See Will, it’s not ALWAYS the women. But you’d better watch your step, seeing how you are so outnumbered at home. :wink:

Here’s how it works. Simple really.

ax=0;
function writeTable() {
ax=Math.round(Math.random()*26);
alphaArray=new Array(“a”, “n”, “b”, “d”, “f”, “h”, “{”, “i”, “l”, “v”, “x”, “z”, “I”, “J”, “M”, “N”, “o”, “O”, “R”, “S”, “T”, “U”, “m”, “6”, “^”, “u”, “_”, “”, “]”)
table="<table border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 width=‘550’><tr>"
j=1;
for ( i = 99 ; i >= 0 ; i-- ) {
a=Math.round(Math.random()*26);
if ( i%9 == 0 && i < 89 )
a=ax;
table+="<td class=‘numtd’>"+i+"</td><td class=‘symtd’>"+alphaArray[a]+"</td>"
if ( j%10 == 0 )
table+="</tr><tr>"
j++
}
table+="</table>"
sym.innerHTML=table
sh.innerHTML=""
}
function showAnswer()

I knew I forgot something. Since you are dealing with all numbers less than 100, every possible answer is a multiple of 9. Take the top row and do the math and you will find that every answer is 81, 72 for the next row and so on. Just look at that diagonal and they will always be the same. :mrgreen:

I knew I forgot something. Since you are dealing with all numbers less than 100, every possible answer is a multiple of 9. Take the top row and do the math and you will find that every answer is 81, 72 for the next row and so on. Also, if you add the answers in the diagonal, they all add up to 9 (8+1, 7+2, 6+3). Just look at that diagonal and they will always be the same. And Joe, that is why I never liked the Computer programming class I had to take. Much happier playing in the dirt during Soil Mechanics, exploding concrete in a press in lab … :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Carolyn,

For some people its a way of life.

You mean we don’t have ESP?

“But I have the crystal ball”

A little Frank Zappa

Now THAT, I understand.

Will,

You were a CS guy and they didn’t make you take Discrete Mathematics? That’s what makes the software tick. :smiley:

GREAT!!! Im glad there is a logical answer, that thing was freaking me out! :wink:

Great smiley David.

</table> I know that the “/” means end… I’ll go back to pushing my rock now. :frowning: