Something to think about before calling it a night

a

2 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t worry. Some day, if you live long enough, you’ll grow up and actually stand up for or against something.

4 Likes

Lyrics

Harry! Harry! Where do you go when the lights go out

Harry! Harry! Where do you go?

Thank you Mr. Miner
Thank you Mr. Miner
Thank you Mr. Miner
Thank you Mr. Miner
Thank you Mr. Miner

Thank you Mr. Hood

I can feel good (I feel good) about Hood!

You can feel good! :smiley: Phish

2 Likes

8-

1 Like

We should thank Musk for pulling back the curtain. Transparency is the only way forward. We now know and will know more about the ‘Great Twitter Manipulation’.

Twitter was wrecked due to bi-partisan politics resulting in a massively editorialized social media platform; which consistently claimed it was not.

The ease in which government personnel tapped Twitter policy makers to affect what was not published is astounding to me. Furthermore, the results of this meddling is even more incredulous.

Even this democrat representative Ro Khanna knew better. But even he sheepishly chided Twitter execs. His letter oozes of diminutive subordination to Twitter. And he appears to be more concerned with the spotlight it will shine on their propaganda machine than 1st amendment violations. In fact, deeper into the letter, he encourages what they have been doing. (bold are my edits)

Representative Ro Khanna who writes to Gadde expressing concern:

‘Hope you’re well Vijaya! But this seems a violation of the 1st Amendment principles. If there is a hack of classified information or other information that could expose a serious war crime and the NYT was to publish it, I think the NYT should have that right. A journalist should not be held accountable for the illegal actions of the source unless they actively aided the hack. So to restrict the distribution of that material, especially regarding a Presidential candidate, seems not in keeping of the principles of NYT v Sullivan. I say this as a total Biden partisan and convinced he didn’t do anything wrong. But the story has now become more about censorship than relatively innocuous emails and it’s become a bigger deal than it would have been.

‘It also is now leading to serious efforts to curtail Section 230 – many of which would have been a mistake.

I believe Twitter itself should curtail what it recommends or puts in trending news, and your policy against QAnon groups is all good. It’s a hard balance.

‘But in the heat of a Presidential campaign, restricting dissemination of newspaper articles (even if NY Post is far right) seems like it will invite more backlash than it will do good.

‘Please keep this communication between just us and Jack and no need to cc the team or forward to them.

‘Just wanted to offer my two cents.’

1 Like

I wonder what the reaction would be if a liberal said this.

You’re misunderstanding what he said. He is saying the fraud of this magnitude makes way for the termination of all rules etc. Basically, fraud throws all the protections we rely on into the trash. Which is true.

Poorly written for sure.

1 Like

What part of the constitution allows for terminating the constitution when unproven fraud is committed?

Nothing. He is saying that fraud is undoing the Constitution.

You have to speak “Trumpican” to understand :smiley:

1 Like

He said, “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” The only thing that “allows” terminating the constitution is overthrowing the government.

1 Like

The government and the Constitution WERE overthrown by the election fraud and the all-encompassing coup.

1 Like

I don’t like Trump much more than you do. But the real coup was by the Demo’rats and their financiers.

1 Like

3 Likes