Spacing picts

Have fun.

It looks like i’ll have to hire a P.I. :slight_smile:

I use the same ydstk, about $3 at Lowe’s.

Those clamps are abt $4 at L’s, but only $1.29 for exact same thing at Harbor Freight!

to late. if ya snooze ya lose. Not you pete :slight_smile:

I should have bought 100’s of them last summer.:frowning:

yep. nice looking gun.

I got the “bag-o-clamps” at Big Lots!

I don’t even take the spacing shots if it’s a 6D or staple shiner, it’s already a nill credit to the client, just get the shiner photograph.

Me too waste of time. I have had a dumb *** or two from the insurance company ask about that but doing so is useless. I only take pictures that are used to prove something good. for my records i may have pictures of bad items but they usually do not go in the report. Some exceptions just to avoid stupid questions. I try to ONLY GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED. That way they do not get confused.

If you take pictures of “bad” items, why not include them?
I do…so my client knows what “they have to work on” in order to get more credits.

No need I tell them in person what is wrong. It only confuses the insurance folks.

Example a picture of a single wrap that has to much space so it becomes toenail. Insurance folks see it and say why is this not a single wrap. Then I have to explain it to them.
If I just do what the form asks for and give pictures that result in positive results there is NO CONFUSION. I have the bad picts and go over with the client before they sign. What i send to the insurance folks is the ONLY WHAT IS REQUESTED on the form. Saves time and confusion. I am not here to teach the folks at the insurance companies what is what. If they would like me to I would gladly do it for a consultation fee. Heck i’ll even teach them a class if they want to learn how I come to the answers I do.

Also the more photos included the larger the file. Many times large files cause folks problems. I already take the pictures in the smallest mp size possible.

If you marked toenail, then, the agent is going to want to see the picture and when they do and think they see a single wrap, under the picture in my reports, it would say, improperly installed single wrap, excessive space more than 1/2 an inch.

The largest wind mit file I have is 1.5MB. Most are around 850kb. And that is with an average of 16 pictures. It isn’t the photo size from the camera. Mine are 14mp, 1.5 mb each in their original form.

As I said earlier, work backwards from the finished product.

Everyone should do it however they like.
Sell yours how you feel make them great.
I sell mine how I think makes them great.
Those I deal with seem to not want or need pictures of toenails because it gets them nothing. It is un needed fluff and more they have to look through to get the answers they need.
You only have to provide pictures of items that get the customer a discount.
If it were allowed I believe most of the insurance folks would rather have the number of the question and the answer. That is the only info they use therefor all they need.
Their lives would be easier if they did not have to look at useless pictures that are dangerous to take and prove nothing but they do help scumbags perpetrate fraud.

I have yet heard of anyone being prosecuted for fraud on these and that is supposed to be the reason for the pictures.

I have been told time and time again how much they do not like the overboard 15+ page wind mits when 6 to 7 pages will normally cut it.

I am not “selling” anything as most of my wms come with the home inspection.
I look at it like this, if I provide pictures that correspond with the form, it “should” make it easier for whoever reads it to understand what I marked on the form and why. I do these inspections once and I do them right and to eliminate any questions.
The only questions I get is for the nails that aren’t supposed to be visible because the agents have been told that is the only way to verify the nail size.

I get calls daily from agents and homeowners wanting me to explain their wind mitigation report because of something their inspector didn’t do.

I try to be consistent in what I do and every wind mitigation report I send out has all of the same information. Good and bad.

Like I said everyone should do them how they like best. I am in no way trying to change the way you or anyone else does things.

I just share what works for me and what folks I work with tell me they like.

Ditto.

This is how mine are done. This way there is no way the adjuster can make a mistake.

Wow, you guys seem to go above and beyond. Kudos. This is typically how I send my spacing pics in. I have never got a call back on one.

Yet…

That is just plain mean :slight_smile:

Just playing.

One call does not hurt anything and especially if he is doing them twice as fast as the others.

I say keep it simple, short, and sweet.

Do not confuse them as they are easily confused.

Good night to all my crippled a s s is hobbling to bed.