Spectora Issues

Second time in a week an agent and buyer can’t see a section of my report but I do see it on my end. Anyone else? Makes me wonder how many other times it happens and no one notices. Not good at all!! Potentially catastrophic from a liability standpoint.

Contacted Spectora and got some convoluted advice about opening in the editor, click three dots and go to preview/publish, click “force payload rebuild”. If that doesn’t work click “force template rebuild”. Seriously? Am I going to get paid for working out their glitches???

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of it happening. Do you have the section turned on (checkbox to left of title checked)?

If you want, you can send me a link and I’ll let you know If I can see the “missing” sections.

Oh yeah, it’s on and I have it on my end. I edited my post with some specifics and what I heard back from them.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure then. Hopefully it gets fixed. I have never had a client or agent tell me they couldn’t see a portion of the report, but not sure how they would know anyway, if they can’t see it, lol.

1 Like

Here’s a copy of what they sent:

this usually happens when the report preview/PDF hasn’t fully synced to what you see in the editor, even though the Roof section is there on your end.
Try this first (web editor):
• Open the report in the Report Editor.
• Click the three dots next to Preview/Publish.
• Choose Force Payload Rebuild, then wait for it to finish.
Then re-check what the client sees:
• In the inspection, use Client/Agent View (or VIEW) to see the report exactly as they do.
If the report is still missing sections after that, run Force Template Rebuild from the same three dots menu.

I don’t even understand most of that….. this has always been my main gripe with Spectora - too many overlays, modes, versions, etc. of the report. I really don’t know crap about software but it sure seems like this is far more complicated than it needs to be. Not surprised there are issues.

The thing that really scared me is how many other times this happens and no one notices or says anything. A missing section of the report is potentially catastrophic from a liability standpoint.

6 Likes

I had only one glitch happen to me a couple months ago but it was similar to yours. I finished the report on my phone, everything synced. I opened the report on my laptop to add some graphics & the report was missing a lot of stuff as if only 30% downloaded/synced. I viewed the report & same 30%, nothing else. I tried syncing multiple times, back & forth from phone to laptop but no change.
Customer support told me to perform the same forced reset. Afterwards, all was right. Full report was there & haven’t had an issue (that I am aware of) since that one time.

3 Likes

To view the report exactly as the client will see it, click on “Client View” in the dashboard. Once in Client View, click on “View Report.” This will show you the report from the client’s viewpoint.

I agree, if this is a recurring issue for some users, they need to fix that ASAP!

2 Likes

Did you by chance delete some template sections and then add them back into the report later in this instance?

I only ask because I have heard in the past this can create some of these weird issues. So, my practice is to never delete anything until I know for an absolute fact I won’t need it for that inspection.

Interesting!
No, no sections deleted. All my sections (st to my state promulgated form) must stay regardless of being needed.

On second thought, I guess if I fat fingered & accidentally deleted a section then added it back because it has to stay could always happen. But, no, that wasn’t the case that time either.

1 Like

This is where it’s really frustrating…. In my client view it shows up buy my clients (both agent and buyer) can’t see it. I always assumed that wasn’t possible but apparently it is. Now, I’m not physically sitting with my clients in front of their phones/computers but tend to believe them when I’ve told them exactly where to go in the report and they say it’s not there.

Something @bfeltner said did get my attention. I typically just finish up my reports in the “Summary” section on my phone. I don’t go view on my PC. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a syncing issue. Should I not be finishing this way?

You should be able to. It’s not the way I do it, but I know many people do it that way.

Make sure when you sync, that the little cloud icon or whatever in the app does not have any red after syncing. It’s a good idea to close the app and reopen it to verify no red. Sometimes, especially in poor reception areas, it will say all synced in the sync window, but red items are still on the cloud icon. In that case, you have to sync again until the icon shows no red.

In your first post, you stated a “section” was missing. If you have a whole section missing, I can’t see how it would be a sync issue. Is it actually a “section,” or is it a deficiency call-out that’s missing?

1 Like

Kamala is looking for the cloud where her data is stored too!

So, what Spectora is saying is… “We know there’s a problem, we know why there’s a problem, we just don’t know how to fix the problem… and we ain’t telling anyone about it unless YOU have the problem”!

So, I guess you really don’t get what you pay for!!

3 Likes

I sometimes will publish a report from mobile after thumbing through the summary. My typical procedure is to sync my report when I arrive back at the office (wifi). Then, I will edit the report on mobile & sync again. I next go through the summary for a little proof reading & rearrange pictures. If the report was straight forward (easy home) I will sometimes publish right from the mobile but sometimes, I need to add links, graphics or just like to proofread on the laptop.

In this particular instance, I had some stuff to add from my laptop so, I don’t even remember if I checked the mobile summary before going to the web editor on my laptop after syncing. In the editor, there were almost no items in the report as if I didn’t sync my mobile but mobile was fully synced. I tried syncing a few more times & even added some new/fake items on mobile to see if those would sync into the laptop editor but they did not.
So, at this point, everything was showing up in my mobile app, app said fully synced, but just a few items were showing up in the web editor & client report view. Did the force reset thing & instantanly, everything that was in my mobile app was also now in the web editor/client report view.
Seems to me, the mobile app synced or “uploaded” the information but the web editor & client report view did not download the info (which it is supposed to do automatically) until I “forced reset” or manually downloaded.
Hope that clarifies my single experience.

2 Likes

This is interesting and I guess now something to watch for now. The only issue we’ve had that sounds similar usually has been on the client/realtor web browser end. Someone will say they don’t see the radon or pest report for instance, but if they refresh their browser window it appears just fine.

1 Like

Yeah, it was the whole “Roofing” section and thankfully the agent was paying attention and asked.

I definitely know about the Sync thing and it stands out if there’s a red mark or whatever that alerts me it’s NOT synced.

Thinking back now to the first time it happened last week it was just the “Windows” section of “Interior”. The agent just couldn’t see the comment about failed thermal panes. Again, thankfully she was paying attention.

1 Like

Watching this thread, that really is “spooky”. Not knowing how many times it has happened without being noticed. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve never seen so many negative comments about inspection software. This is what the fourth or fifth thread in six months. This is a serious business and you need reliable software. Spectora’s a joke, I’d dump it and buy something more stable. Cheap software gets you cheap results.

But that’s the thing… it isn’t cheap. It’s one of the most costly report software out there!

4 Likes

It’s got all those fancy features that doesn’t mean shit. The only thing inspection software should be able to do is describe to the client the defects. Not easy to do when they can’t access the report.

3 Likes