Sq D Panels Recall Notice

Check this important recall on electrical panels. This involves many homes and inspectors need to be aware of this important issue. SQ D recall Notice

2 Likes

You are a little late to the party!

haha. I think this has been posted about 5 times now.
But I do wonder why they would recall 1.4 Million panels, when there was only ONE loose wire, no injuries!

Pretty obvious, don’t ya think?
Nippin’ it in the bud, as the sayin’ goes.
In today’s litigious society, it’s cheaper (and smarter) to Recall something than to deal with a Class Action Lawsuit!

1 Like

Is this their way of saying it might burn down your home?!

Covering all the bases… just in case!!

1 Like

Agree, but the report says there was a loose wire. Sounds like an installer error, not the panel itself. Panels and breakers dont have any wires

Agree, but… given all the applications and configurations listed, there may be an exception to what we traditionally see, such as with the installed Main/Neutral/Grounds Bar lugs becoming loose (losing torque) under certain conditions.
Guess we’ll have to wait and see if more info surfaces over time.

I read somewhere that a machine used to torque screws was misadjusted for a period of time.

1 Like

Was just watching a YouTube video from an Expert Electrical dude reviewing the Recall info, and someone posted in comments the following:

1 Like

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=PRB-236759-Notice

This link has a detailed walk through on how to ID a panel that will need further evaluation

2 Likes

That’s good info David, i wish i would have read this before today, as i had new construction with a Square D panel Yesterday and this info would have helped me properly identify.

1 Like

According to Schneider, the time to fix each panel is 5 minutes, so if you fix one in the program all they’ll pay you for 5 minutes.

5 min at 10,000/hr wouldn’t be too bad