Struggling seeking guidance from other members

This is just where I am, I am so close to completing the course work but I had my dog of 13 years put to sleep on Monday. I have pushed so hard to get where I am but feel so broken and thoughts of doubt swim in my mind. I am seeking some encouragement to keep moving forward with this process.

It’s always hard losing a friend…time helps…

3 Likes

Take a day or two to clear your mind and grieve properly. I’m a dog guy so I know how you feel.

2 Likes

Terrible news David.
Life must go on without your best friend.
I’ve been traumatized more than once seeing my best friends pass away.
It’s been 280 days today & I’m still counting.

Will Rogers Quote

2 Likes

I lost my 15 year old lab back in March. Had him from the day he was born. It was tough to say the least. Keep in mind that your furry companion is in a better place now and finish your studies in his/her honor.
I still teer up when I think about mine passing.

2 Likes

Thank you, In his honor I will.

1 Like

I lost my Golden back in January, he was by my side for 11 years and gave unconditional love, I thank God I was there when he passed to try to comfort him, it’s difficult and painful but it does get better with time. I now have a new pup who keeps me laughing and plenty busy.

Don’t give up, grieve when you need to, but also keep pushing forward, it will get better.

2 Likes

Hi David,

It is hard losing a companion who has been there by your side for so long. Hang in there buddy and keep on pushing forward. You got this! :wink:

1 Like

I can tell from your words that you are a very caring person and have no doubt that you gave your dog a very happy life. Losing a dog is one of the hardest things we have to endure. Sending positive thoughts your way. Stay strong.

2 Likes

We love our critters. Some of what we do to earn a buck is for their care. If your pup were still with you, you’d stay the course, and soldier on. Part of that effort would be for the pup, and you’d be happy to do it.

I’d keep on keeping on. It’s worked for me when I lost pets, and too damned many good people.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. We only get to spend so many years with them so spoil the hell out of them while you can.

Inspectors get upset when they have a cancellation. Its the perfect time to take them to the park or on a walk.

1 Like

I want to thank all of you for your kind words of gratitude, you have allowed me to not be alone in this moment of grief and its process. This has been my second full day without my best friend and I am greatfull for your words of caring and heartfelt honesty.

5 Likes

Peace be with you, Brother.

1 Like

Dog gone…rest in peace, my friend.

My 3 legged black lab was 16 and wanted to be with me every day, especially during her passing.

I feel you hurt, brother…and, like Jim said, time heals.

1 Like

Been there many times and thought that’s it, no more dogs. Lasted a few months then Henry came along. Was a puppy now 9 year old 110 lb Black Lab. Best dog in the world. They all are. Keep the faith.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Do it for your dog. Use your memories of your dog as inspiration.

David, if you haven’t already, look up the Rainbow Bridge Poem. It has helped many times for me and the wife when we have had the passing of beloved pets. We now just refer to their passing as “crossing over the Rainbow Bridge.”

You’ll be fine and keep plugging away. Pretty sure that’s what your dog would have wanted you to do…

1 Like

Nice, Thomas:

Thank you both for that poem.

I’m just starting out myself and not from this industry, so I get it. Do what you have to do and move forward. You’re gonna kill it!!

1 Like