Stucco stains on the patio

I would say, fading/failed stucco die and efflorescence.
Streak pattern stain, no capillary breaks below windows, for how the finish coat was applied. As well caulking or lack there of.

Looking at the Pics its totally unimportant at this point as to what caused the stains. Your thoughts are to point out there are multiple bad, wrong or missing details including possible moisture intrusion and refer it to a competent and certified EDI stucco analyst for evaluation and moisture testing.

1 Like

All the gaps in stucco around windows and possible points of water intrusion at the patio cover/roof should be investigated, but I see that unlikely cause of the stains below the window. I would look for water leak within wall possibly from that water pipe going to the hose bib. Look at the second picture, the hose bib is at the same height as the wet spot.

Not to completely disagree with you Dan but, my understanding is the stains are an integral visual proponent of the equation. Within the Portland based mix it is hard to visualize edge trim, screed, lath and other components the stucco mixture binds to. Somewhat like plaster and lath.
Poorly mixed, prepared and applied stucco wall assemblies. All sides. All stories.

Observation: Poorly mixed, prepared and applied stucco wall assemblies.
Recommend: Further analyses and repairs by a licensed stucco installation and repair contractor. Immediately.
Act upon any recommendations therein.

I see two BBQs on the patio and there is some brown discoloration on the on window sill . Could it be Radiant heat damage? Drying or baking wet stucco from the water infiltration. Just a thought.
Have a great day!
Darwin Hodges