Termination of furnace vent

Power vented furnace terminated underneath a deck. The termination was 5ft away from opening slider panel on glass sliding door and 5 ft away from an opening window. If I remember correctly that was an acceptable distance. Is that correct?

Part V- Mechanical
Chapter 18 Chimneys and Vents
Section M 1804 Vents

M1804.2.5 Direct vent terminations.
Vent terminals for direct-vent appliances shall be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.

M1804.2.6 Mechanical draft systems.
Mechanical draft systems shall be installed in accordance with their listing, the manufacturer’s installation instructions and, except for direct vent appliances, the following requirements:

1. The vent terminal shall be located not less than 3 feet (914 mm) above a forced air inlet located within 10 feet (3048 mm).

2. The vent terminal shall be located not less than 4 feet (1219 mm) below, 4 feet (1219 mm) horizontally from, or 1 foot (305 mm) above any door, window or ***gravity air inlet ***into a dwelling.

3. The vent termination point shall not be located closer than 3 feet (914 mm) to an interior corner formed by two walls perpendicular to each other.

4. The bottom of the vent terminal shall be located at least 12 inches (305 mm) above finished ground level.

5. The vent termination shall not be mounted directly above or within 3 feet (914 mm) horizontally of an oil tank vent or gas meter.

6. Power exhauster terminations shall be located not less than 10 feet (3048 mm) from lot lines and adjacent buildings.

7. The discharge shall be directed away from the building.

Thanks Larry, I was thinking it was 3 ft. The fall colors are probably well over by now I suppose…I lived in Alpena, MI for about 14 years, you know the wrong side of I-75. Used to work for a fellow that owned Great Lakes Pipe and Supply. We had supply house’s in Petoskey, Gaylord, Alpena etc.

You’re welcome.

We had the first sunny day in a while today and the colors were nice…but winter, she is a comin’. :slight_smile:

Hope you and yours are well.