Testing Furnace and A/C

UNFORTUNATELY for the dumbo inspector OR newbie inspector that does this and it BREAKS for whatever REASON, he’ll be buying it. The A/C guy does this he’s got parts and tools and know-how to fix it / the majority of home inspectors do not.

AND … the A/C unit should NOT be IMMEDIATELY recycled. You got NO idea if the unit has a delay OR not / Nor do you know if its working, jumpered out OR if present defective.

Isn’t that we are there for? To find out?

Your not reading.
Heat Pumps cycle between heat and A/C every 45 minutes on their own!

If you try to tell me that gas heat is different then that is even more wrong. The hot heat exchanger is up stream of the A/C components and the only cold it feels is room temperature. A/C components downstream of the furnace is the same as the Heat Pump situation.

I have had to change the high limit safeties to a higher value so furnaces would stay running for the AHJ in 95F(+) weather so they would pass the install!

Heating/cooling cycling happens all the time out there. Your not going to convince me that a Home Inspector Test is going to be any different.

The only problem in testing is an A/C in winter conditions and that is not what we are talking about here.

All this talk just clouds the situation for the " dumbo inspector OR newbie inspector", as you describe them.

Sorry David / With a degree in HVAC I know what you’re saying.

But what I said stands 100%

In KC maybe we’ve got a whole new breed of agent or sellers. If you did that here and a seller OR listing agent saw it AND it failed - They’d be shoving a 2x6 up your butt AND most local A/C contractors would be quite happy to help AND most home inspectors also.