That which is visible is mold

No training? Maybe some is in order

That state of Minnesota? Isn’t that a little vague? Who in the state of Minnesota?

We all know the basics, or at least should if we are commenting on this subject. But let’s not forget something very important: we are middle men. The only reason we exist is because the people who read the samples and really really know their stuff don’t go in the field and sample. So before we go out and attempt to discredit an agency such as the EPA, who are we turning to for more accurate information? I for one am not so hard on the EPA. Mold is complicated.

:slight_smile:

We’ll be releasing an online, comprehensive, mold certification course very soon.
InterNACHI… #1 in education.

Good. I found myself a mentor and I call him frequently. I am also humble in what I know and more importantly what I don’t know. And I am sure to tell my clients both sides of my knowledge.

Still no such thing as toxic mold Ben. Nice Gromiko try though.:stuck_out_tongue:

If you have some verifiable peer reviewed scientific evidence to support your bogus claims please bring it forward. :smiley:

Until then sell it on the midway. :wink:

It did not taste toxic.:twisted:

</IMG></IMG></IMG>

**June 16, 2006, 0:17 AM CT **
Mold Spores Increase Risk For Multiple Allergies

Image courtesy of healthyairusa.com](http://www.healthyairusa.com/)
University of Cincinnati (UC) scientists say exposure to a certain group of fungal spores-abundant in the air that we breathe every day-can make young children more susceptible to developing multiple allergies during the later part of life.

The team found that infants who were exposed to basidiospores and other airborne fungal spores-specifically penicillium/aspergillus and alternaria-early in life were more likely to develop allergies to mold, pollen, dust mites, pet dander and certain foods as they grew older.

This is the first study to show a relationship between specific airborne fungal spores and an increased risk for multiple allergies in children, the UC team reports in an upcoming edition of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology and an early online edition June 14.

A fungus is a plantlike organism that grows by releasing tiny reproductive cells (spores) into the air. Mold is a type of fungus that can grow on any moist surface-including wood, drywall and cement.

Prior allergy studies focused on visible mold or total mold concentrations, not the identification of specific airborne fungal spores. The UC-led study showed that exposure to specific airborne fungal spores may increase allergic reactions and others could help reduce them.

These findings reinforce the idea that not all fungi are created equal, says Tiina Reponen, PhD, professor of environmental health at UC and corresponding author on the study…

Maybe read up on the subject. you can start here:

http://www.inspect-ny.com/mold/moldatlas.htm

The people who really know there stuff is in the field all the time, not in the lab only. Some can analyze their own samples like my Industrial Hygienist and most of my teachers. Just sitting in a lab and looking at mold through a microscope does not qualify a person to be a mold expert. That is why I will not use a big lab to analyze mold samples because you just end up talking to a lab technician. Talk to the people who are in the trenches every day, you will get a different response than the EPA. And they will not contradict their selves like the EPA.

Go to a local mold victim support group and tell them. You will come out with a different answer.

Also most of the major mold testing organizations says similiar.

some of these type are a certain species of Fusarium = penicillum & aspergillus,Stachybotrys chartarum, or Stachybotrys atra,and lets not forget aspergillus versicolor which can produce mycotoxins, and then of course there are the allergenic & pathogenic type as well

Im just curious about the big lab comment. I use one of the largest labs in the country. They do a 100% trace read, then anonymously send each others results to two different technicians for double checking. After that, the result go to an investigator who is a Council-certified Indoor Air Quality Manager,a Council-certified Indoor Environmentalist, and a Council-certified Residential Mold Inspector. He then compares the lab results to my report, and from there gives a recommendation to remediate, or not to remediate. They also have a no minimum sample need for the free shipping, meaning I can send 2 swabs or 10 samples for free. On top of that, they can provide me with all supplies and services I need. I find their size helps them to achieve all this. And they are a 20 minute drive from my house.

I would not discredit a lab for being big. Just do some research and comparison and make sure they are working for you and not themselves like some labs we are told about frequently. Wink wink.

How much are they charging you for a 100% read. The best I have found is 28%. Most big labs are just 12%. If you can PM me the name I might start sending them some work.

I can only visit one bs support group at a time. http://www.abduct.com/

Some new on-line classes?   

**Alien Abduction - Can It Happen to You? **** :smiley: **

**Becoming Aware as the Truth Unfolds :shock: **

Global Implications of the UFO Reality
How will mankind react when aliens visiting
Earth are publicly acknowledged? :mrgreen:

May the aliens who die from mold come back and haunt you :slight_smile: .

I’ve come to understand that a lab only needs to look at a very small portion of the sample media. The lab tech will actually cut into about 1/4 to 1/10 of the agar media and check out only that portion of the sample.

That is what I have been told too by several labs. I have been told at least one quarter of the slide needs to be read to hold up in court. But I have not researched it myself.
I do know of a case that was thrown out of court because not enough testing was done. The ruling said that 4-5 samples needed to be pulled. So I guess we need to pull at least four samples if something is heading to court? :-k
Any legal eagles out there know the answer?

That would be minimum standards, just like building code. If you’re happy with that and your lab wants to brag about doing things that way, that’s their problem. It’s just when a builder proudly states “This house is built to code”.

Some of us aren’t handcuffed by a lab that specializes in marketing and treats the analytical portion of their services as secondary.

And excatly how did you come to understand this and why would you not promote more thorought analytical procedures?