The End of NACHIs first Annual Convention.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Bill,

Those are all excellent suggestions. Gary, Paul, John and myself all had a brainstorm session last night after the last classes were over. We have a huge list of things we want to work in, and among them are some family activities. After we have signed the contract and know the exact dates, we will start publicizing the convention.

I would like to personally thank all of our members who attended. If any of you have any questions, comments or suggestions please feel free to email or pm me.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Thanks William,

As Blaine said we had a great brainstorming session last night. I think we have about 10-15 pages of notes...

Some other ideas are:

Many different classes
family activities
a bigger and better vendor section

more attention to vendors... breakfast lunch and dinner and many other things

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: psabados

I would like to Ditto the remarks made by the people that helped to bring this show together. We cut our teeth on this one, our vendors gave us a lot of feedback about the planning weaknesses and at the same time gave us high praise for the things that were done right.

Next year look for a vendor base approaching 100, and not all just just the typical group that follow the inspection business programs. We were all extremely tired afterwards, but it took all of five minutes, a very good drink supplied from an excellent waitress and bartender (sorry Russel I heard the margarita's were awesome) and the ideas started being formed and the adrenaline was flowing.

And since the majority wasn't able to see what happened at the opening night vendors reception it was like watching a new candy store owner opening his doors for the first time and the kids waiting for the door to open were hungry for something sweet. I promise you this, 06 will knock you socks off! If it doesn't, you can knock mine off.

This years surprise vendor had to be Shawn will Unibind. He has a product that can take the so-so inspection report, let you present in such a way that clients and agents will go WOW! You had to be there to see it.

Many, many new friendships were established. I had the opportunity to meet most everyone that attended, it was great just to answer questions and to put a face with a name and talk for a few minutes. Even that heckler at the back table during the Foundation Gala knows me now. In short everyone who was there learned a lot, and just wasn't all inspection knowledge.

Thank you to all that attended. See you next year. Hope you ALL can make the trek and hope to see a thousand new faces next year.

Paul

Originally Posted By: shuggins

Guys,

So what are the reasons for having the convention in Orlando again. I think the convention should move around the US or at least in the middle of the United States. I think it needs to be voted on by the 5000 plus members, you would think Vegas is cheaper than Orlando. If you took your family to Orlando, that trip would cost around $4000.00.

Just my two cents,

Spencer

--
Spencer Huggins
H & H Inspection Services, LLC
Piedmont, Oklahoma
spencer@hhinspections.com
http//www.hhinspections.com

Oklahoma NACHI Chapter Vice President
shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: thanigan

Good job with the convention. I hope The class registration can be done ahead of time rather then wait in line like at the magic kingdom. The speakers were great. Glad to hear that the convention will be at the same place next year.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Tim thanks…

next year you will be able to register for classes online and when you get there we will give you a printout with your schedule on it....

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

I would say to have it in the same place one more time, allow everyone involved to work out the bugs, then go wherever, (Jason, your house is big enough, right?), thanks for all your ideas icon_lol.gif