The End of NACHIs first Annual Convention.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hard to believe that our year of planning and gettings things together have come to an end.

All in all for our first convention it was a resounding success. Total in attendence was 603 about 375 paid persons and the rest were Florida residents.

I would like to thank all of our Vendors to whom without this whole venture would have never been possible.

Thanks to Paul Sabados, Blaine Wiley, Gerry B, John Bowman, and Dave Bush for all the work that they put in throught out the year to help get this off the ground. We had many hurdles and many obstacle courses to get here but we got it done and people were happy.

I have already started putting together a staff for next years Convention which will be even bigger and better. We will start releasing little tidbits as we get along.

For all those that came, the Convention Staff would like to thank you and we hope to see you next year.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman

Gary,

GREAT Job on the first annual NACHI convention.

Being based about 50 miles from Disney, I would like to offer my services for next years convention.

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: mzwerin

Thank you to:

Gary M. Johnson
Gerry Beaumont
Paul Sabados
Blaine Wiley

For pulling it off! 'twas Great! Already looking forward to next year's ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Congratulations to all who worked so hard and to those fortunate enough to attend. I’m looking forward to next year’s convention, already.

NACHI rules.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Thanks guys…

Look for bigger and better things next year. I think I wrote about 20 pages of notes on what I want to do different next year. Now that the first one is done. We can start working on the next. We will have double the space, and double the classes..

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Any ideas where the next convention will be? Michigan in January would be a great place, oh wait we got the super bowl next year never mind, no hotels.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

May I suggest starting to work wery soon on expanding the classes, and ensuring that they meet CE requirements for those state regulations that mandate it. Even of it means contractng with an educational provider to provide a portion of it.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

One of the problems was that our registration desk (an actual lobby room given to us by Disney) was downstream (way past) the entrance to our convention. So even though we had over 600+ register, many did not. I watched waves of inspectors come through the door without ever noticing the registration counter some 100 feet away.

Gary already has 20 pages of notes to make our convention bigger and better next year.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Joe in answer to your question. Yes we will have the whole educational schedule done by April 1, 2005 at the latest which will give us plenty of time to work out the states that require licensing approval.

Next year I am getting the reg desk right next to the convention center.

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

So Um, what places are being considered for the convention?

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Chuck,

The plan is to have the convention at the same place and time next year, and to add one day to the convention which will allow greater latitude for class scheduling, vendor presentation time, and believe it or not, even lunch.

There are several reasons for remaining at Disney, one of which is that Orlando FL is the second cheapest destination to fly to.

Looking forward to Convention II, the sequel next year!!

That sounds good, Thanks for the answer Blaine. I should have been there to counter that 24 hat with my 9 hat. icon_lol.gif

I'm planning and saving now. Looks like everything went great. Good job to all those that helped out.

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: jbehling

I heard it was to be in Canada next year, Kingston as a matter of fact - and I believe it was Nick himself who said it ? eusa_think.gif

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

just a few thoughts based on comments made to me about NACHI education at the conference, and my own experiences. Next year we have the benefit of having gone through a huge learning curve, which all of us involved would admit was a very steep one. here's what I would like to do:

Classes over 3 days

Classes lasting minimum 3 hours

Only 2 sessions per day

As for speakers I was mostly very happy with the class content and some speakers will definately be re-booked, and also we now have speakers lined up who want to be a part of what we are doing.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: rray

rzimmerman wrote:
Being based about 50 miles from Disney, I would like to offer my services for next years convention.

Is next year's convention in Orlando, too?

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

bwiley wrote:
The plan is to have the convention at the same place and time next year

That's too bad. I suspect we'll have the same people attending, and the same people not attending, with a few exceptions, of course.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

jbehling wrote:
I heard it was to be in Canada next year, Kingston as a matter of fact - and I believe it was Nick himself who said it ? ![eusa_think.gif](upload://lNFeGuTetUAtwNVgUSOuUzgrGGK.gif)

I heard the exact same thing, and I also believe it was Nick himself who said it. I probably would go visit my friends in Canada. However, January will always be a bad time for me.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Russell,

I suspect that our attendance will be a lot higher next year no matter where we have the convention. Some of the mistakes that were made this year will not be repeated.

I hope you can make it next year.

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jbehling

rray wrote:
jbehling wrote:
I heard it was to be in Canada next year, Kingston as a matter of fact - and I believe it was Nick himself who said it ? ![eusa_think.gif](upload://lNFeGuTetUAtwNVgUSOuUzgrGGK.gif)

I heard the exact same thing, and I also believe it was Nick himself who said it. I probably would go visit my friends in Canada. However, January will always be a bad time for me.

You can make it a half convention/ half marriage and honeymoon trip

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Gary,

I can't say enough about how I really enjoyed this first convention...

however I have a few thoughts for you.

1. If it wasn't for this BB I would never have known about any convention.I never recieved anything in the mail concerning it. You need
to send invites out to ALL members well in advance.

2. I would have liked to have recieved a packet containing info about
what was going on and where,including things for the family or the wifes
while we were all at class.

3. When we arrived at the check-in there should have been a sign or even
a table set up right by the counter directing NACHI members to the
registration.

That's all I have now but I'll let others comment also. Looking forward to
next year. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected