NACHI convention help please.

Originally Posted By: Preston Dees
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This is my first post on NACHI. I am starting out a new inspection service with my brother and we want to hgo to this NACHI convention or the ASHI convention in January. I’m trying to decide on which one to go to, we live closer to the ASHI location but can fly cheaper to Orlando.

I have been visiting the NACHI site for several months and the convention site has been saying it will give a update for several months. I would like to see what the convention is going to offer in the way of speakers and people who sell things to home inspectors. I am just try to make a good business decision, as this is the first convention for NACHI I don't know what to expect.

I need to make reservations soon to get the best rates so please help me. I am sure that I am not alone and that others might be wondering also.

Thank you,

Preston

Originally Posted By: dbush

Preston, the NACHI Convention site should be updated by the end of this week with a PARTIAL list of the Education Offerings as well as the Vendor offerings.

If you would like to contact our Education Director at education@nachi.org and contact our vendor coordinator Paul Sabados then they will be happy to keep you informed. The amount of education you get will be unsurpassed.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Preston,

You will be able to see a list of the speakers today for some of the classes. Also most of the Airlines I have spoken with have told me that they will have their best rates until around the middle of December. And the hotel is the same price until the convention.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Kenneth Sitzes

Hi,

I just check the Inspector News web site they still have no info. about the Convention for ASHI 01/13 - 01/15 - TX Austin. Due you know something that no one else know? If so please info. every one else. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Ken,

It could just be that IN is a dead board and no one really wants to spend thta kind of Coin to advertise on it.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Kenneth Sitzes

Hi,

Ok I just went to ASHI web site they also have noting posted on it aboute the Convention. icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: psabados

FYI

The big "A" group hasn't set up a thing yet over at their web-site.

Being this is our first go at this, we felt the need to bring this in front of those that use the BB. We're releasing info as it is returned to us. Keep watching and more will be added as it comes in. Sorry I cant offer you the final vendor list yet, but most of the Vendors don't make their commitments until the fall months. Those that wait the longest usually get the back booths.

Most sites don't release until 3-4 months out from the time of event or when everything is in place.

Paul

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

I am only posting this to answer questions.

Historically the information for the ASHI conference does not go live until Labor Day weekend. On August 16th InspectionWorld http://www.inspectionworld.com will have information about the 41 education sessions along with vendor listings/map layout. The remaining details (housing information/registration, IW registration and networking/social events) will be listed On September 3rd.

Every home inspector is invited to this event regardless of your affiliation. I hope that the NACHI convention is great and that you hold it year after year. The key to our profession is education.

Sorry to post this on y’alls site but I felt that the correct information needed to get out.

Scott Patterson
ASHI Education Chairman

Originally Posted By: psabados

plug that we could expect the same from you about ours? That would be the Honorable thing to do. icon_wink.gif

Oh well, we know you guys have 20 years of convention experience behind you, but, that's not a deterrence. The goal is continued education for all, vendor participation for membership benefits and comradery for the membership, and of course a little bit of Ol Fashion Fun! Right?

Paul

ps Hopefully in the not to distant future we plan to take that Worlds Largest Convention Title away from you.