The First NACHI Convention Poll

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Ok Guys, Serious stuff here.

Here is the questions:

If there was a convention and these were the particulars would you go.

The Convention would be held at:

Walt Disney Worlds Coronado Springs Resort:
Arrival January 26, 2005 - January 29, 2005
Rooms would be $122.00 a nite.
The cost of the convention would be $295 for early registration and $345 after September 1, 2004. Non-members $395, with a non-refundable deposit.

The schedule would be:

Wednsday: Check in
7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Vendor Reception in exhibit hall

Thursday:
Opening Ceromonies in Morning
Then Classes rest of day
In the evening a grand banquet

Friday
Classes all day
In the evening optional Gala at Epcot

Saturday
Closing

There would be a huge array of classes worth up to about 20 CEU of credit. Everyting from Radon, protecting your assets, to electrical seminars.

Over 55 vendors in the main hall.

For those of you who wanted a convention this poll is very important to answer.

Thanks All

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Rusty Rothrock

Gary -

It was great talking with you the other night in Newport News, VA. Good meeting, Nick did a wonderful job also.

This NACHI Convention sounds exciting. Thanks from all of us to get the ball rolling on this. I know how much work is involved to organize an event of this nature.

I will definitely be there, count me in. Had a few comments/questions for consideration:

1. When would the exhibit hall be open for inspectors to browse through and to talk to the vendors?

2. You might consider an afternoon of "open time" which could be spent with the family in Disney (or other attractions) or playing golf with other inspectors, or just relaxing around the pool. If inspectors are traveling all the way to Disney, they will want to do some pleasure type things without missing out on some of the great classes that will be given.

3. I have a sense that one additional day might be needed for the convention. Is there another group or event that is coming in on Sat.? If not, let's run through Sat. with departure for everyone on Sunday.

Anyway, just some thoughts. This is FANTASTIC !!! Let's make it happen. Thanks again for your time and effort in organizing this event.

Best Regards,

Rusty Rothrock
Richmond, VA

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Gary,

Disney World? A definite "YES" from me, and my family. ![](upload://p5opi06Vte1NTOZ2aCqbwVMQKCI.gif)
I'll be there early, waiting for everyone else to show up.

Is this particular event under planned negotiations now or were those numbers just thrown out there?

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Well, since I already let the cat out of the bag. I went and met with the people at Coronado Springs a couple of weeks ago. They have guaranteed to put on a great show for us.

I have the contract in hand and those are the details. However, Joe H and I were discussing it last night and if people didn't show or we were to default the penalty is pretty high. Hence the poll to check on peoples feelings.

Just a couple of facts, I have talked to a bunch of instructors who are willing to come down and teach mini classes on Mold, Radon, Electrical, Plumbing, Protecting your Assets, Marketing, Closing the call, Ineterior Inspections, Roofs, and others.

Also, Paul Sabados has been contacting vendors and it looks like we will pull in close to 70 of them with about 94 spaces being taken up. Any vendor you can think of.

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: psabados

NACHI’s First Annual INSPECTION CONNECTION/EXPO INTERNATIONAL '05

We're working on the web-site. Items will be posted as we get them completed. We have a lot of work to get done in a short time. If any one would like to contact me, feel free to email me at accuprohome@yahoo.com just make sure that you reference your email with convention. Otherwise it might get missed or deleted.

The International means just that, our brothers to the north should want to be with us also. Who wants to be chin deep in snow in the Arctic tundra when they could be feeling a nice warm January thaw.

Paul

Originally Posted By: pdacey

What would be the estimated cost for attending if we opted to stay at a different hotel? We are a military family and there is a military hotel at Disney that is a fraction of the cost of the others. Just curious.

Sorry, momentary lapse of reason. I re-read the original post. I originally thought it was one all inclusive price. My bad. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: ktrice

Hey I think it sound’s like a great convention to attend. Count me and my family in and I hope other fellow inspectors will try to make it to the convention. We all need to attend this to keep NACHI growing and becoming stronger everyday.

Ken
www.tricehomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Patrick D:

From my involvement in reviewing this, the cost is factored into having as many Members and Non-Members in Attendance at the listed Disney Hotel.

Gary and Paul have done an Incredible job in negotiating a Convention deal that is beyond belief. The deal with Disney and Vendors hinges on Support and Attendance. Without full member support, the Cost or Option to hold a Convention may be too Great.

The particulars of the Convention are of a lesser importance right now. We really need a solid grasp of the numbers interested in attending as Gary has described.

Thank you Gary Johnson, Paul Sabados and all others involved in the Efforts to bring about this Convention.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Thanks Joe for the words of encouragement. I feel that Paul and I have put together an incredible deal and room rate. If you have seen this resort… Hey what a minute let me get the link to it…

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=CoronadoSpringsResortLandingPage

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Joe H.,

I'm not questioning the efforts of Gary, Paul, Blaine and others. They have done a great job. Getting something like this off the ground in such a relatively short period of time is nothing short of miraculous. They have negotiated a tremendous deal.

But, all of us are not in the same stage of life. $122/night vs. $80/night may be the difference for some us being able to attend or not. Or being able to bring our families or not. I was asking for my own information. I was not suggesting any changes of the plans.

I misread the initial post and stated so after reading it again.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jbehling

Canadian $ at PAR right? icon_lol.gif

As part of the deal that was Negotioated with Disney, we are getting all the convention space for free. Except for a small fee for the vendor area. How we would have to be able to fill 500 rooms during the convention. These are rooms that typically rent for over $200.00 a night. That we are getting for $122.00, also if you have never stayed on a disney resort before it wouldbe well worth it.

As Joe says the problem is that there is a huge penalty if we dont' fill the rooms. Our goal is to make the first one a pace setter.

If anyone has any questions they can e-mail me personally...

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: dharris

This sounds like a great opportunity for continued education, and meeting other inspectors with one exception,

As 1 of the 20% ashi/nachi members the time scheduled is 1 week past the ashi convention.

Will the time scheduled affect other members in the same position?

As far a Orlando from my prior experience it is a great place to do what you are planning

Dan Harris Inspect Az

Hi Dan

First off, from the vendors stand point they don't care. I had only one turn down as of today. Certainteed said that in all likelihood they will not be able to make a vendor booth commitment, but they will be an absentee sponor of some of our events.

Secondly, we're hoping that some of the dual org HI's would be curious enough to check us out. You being an established inspector have probably attended a few of these events and now are a convention warrior. So with that in mind a decission of choice will have to be made. For our sake, we hope you lean our way.

Thirdly. our goal is keeping the price down for everyone, give quality sessions, provide entertainment, allow as many as we can to meet n greet and make friends. This is a NACHI event and we're taking on the AVIS attitude. WE TRY HARDER

Paul
![](upload://jVTnnrcOd36gsoPhskp7MWlUCnH.jpeg)

Hey everyone

Just got a link, so you can see a little bit of whats going on.

http://www.cmhionline.com/convention/icxiA.pdf

Check it out

Paul
![](upload://jVTnnrcOd36gsoPhskp7MWlUCnH.jpeg)

Originally Posted By: adeerey

Guys $122.00 bucks a night that is really a good quote for a disney room.

I live down here and go to disney a bunch!

Only thing I suggest - For you guys bringing families and on a limited budget - Pack properly for the kids - Feed them in the room and with snack stuff during the day. You Can bring a back pack into disney for the kids.

You would be amazed at the cash you keep in your pocket by eating carefully.

Also does this hotel have disney ticket deals? You may find that the discount on the disney tickets will be the difference between 122 and 80

--
This signature thing at the bottom is for what real purpose?

Yes it does… I Will see if I can find the price sheet…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895