The ESOP Is A Joke

I don’t see any indication that our COE isn’t being enforced.

Ok, I don’t have the history here that many do so my vantage point may be further away, then again maybe I can see without all the history clouding my vision but when I read the COE and items like how members will not treat or cause harm to other members, then I read this dialog and many others where members try to get answers from the wisdom pool only to be directly called names, language that my dog would be embarrassed to hear and misguided as to how , if they had a brain they would see that building relationships, offering added value and working their butts off to build bridges and educate realtors is, well ignorant. And this happens almost anytime someone try’s to get a good dialog going and it is by the same handful of members some of whom seem to be involved in making ethical standard recommendations ??? Seems to me that responses like the one above from Joe to Troy and Russell’s post is just a small example. They challenged a system and he challenged and directly responded and questioned them as individuals . And Nick… You see nothing wrong here? School me now as I am all eyes… By the way, the sharks smell the blood as noted above by who is circling.

To my recollection Nick, and to be clear, I do not believe Chris had a beef with ESOP. And to also be clear, I was the one who wanted the con call. I asked you to please make it happen in 10 minutes. This was after you lobbied me, we came to a conclusion, and would discuss it with Nathan. To that end, Chris coordinated it and was a great participant.

The only things discussed on that call was a means to implement some sort of solution to your hesitance at implementing the recommendations of the Committee.

You and I fought, you left the conversation. Chris clarified, and he, Nathan, and I had a discussion. Chris agreed to implement a Vendor section and vendor COE, the purpose of which was quite clear.

Chris did not criticize ESOP’s findings. That is an absolute. So, I do not know what you are speaking of when you intimate that NACHI staff had a problem with ESOP, and was told not to criticize it.

If it no longer serves the org, simply disband it. If NACHI staff has a problem with it, and yyou agree, then kill it.

To the Bozo contingent… Frankly, I am done with the nonsensical ramblings of Mr. Hensel, and for that matter, Troy Pappas.

Like I said, if you dont think I do a good job, and do not like ESOP because we attempt (and were successful at) bringing a degree of stability to this rodeo, simply disband it.

If not, please leave it the f u c k alone and respect its findings and recommendations.

At least ESOP is comprised of members with more than a handful of inspections under thier belt, and don’t invent inspection “Society” business filings to try and make it seem that we belong to some phantom org that amounts to a tinker’s damn.

We are members of THIS org, and don’t need another.

We also don’t criticize you for posting mugshots of members who complain about the mugshots of competing members.

Thank you Joseph Farsetta, CMI and Co-Founder of InterNACHI for classifying a fellow member as a the Bozo contingent.

If I did have any respect for you it is now gone. You are no better than the others.

I asked a question, I got an answer, and I expressed an opinion. I could care less if you like it or not. You are not a respectable individual I don’t care what titles you place upon yourself.

Still mad you don’t cut it. Sorry Joe, its nothing personal and the DIS is not an organization at all. Not one single bit. But since you brought it up, it is a group of people who get together and talk about what works for them and how we can help each other.

Never ever ever has a single foul word been uttered. Never have we thought that a difference of opinion was “wrong”, just different. I can contribute picking up about $8,000 last month from an idea from one of the members, just in passing.

Know what else we do, we actually have dinner and sit an talk and love life and simply put we RESPECT each other, and we respect our likes and our differences.

If that is a bad club, then so be it. But it is not an organization. We purposly keep it small. Some people think BIG is the way to go. I would rather have an club with 25 professionals than a organization with 10,000 people. Keep it like minded and focused. It is and was never about money and getting a ton of people. Because the fee to be in the club is $0 and it is all funded by a few of us.

We even visit each others work place and give them ideas what works for them and get ideas…WOW…such radical thinking huh?

Like I said Joe, please keep bringing it up. Haven’t mentioned it in a long time. Knock it all you want and I understand, if I didn’t meet the criteria I would also try and knock it so I could make myself feel better.

I understand…its OK…

Hey George,

You are a member since Dec of 2012, and were not around long enough to experience all the attempts at railroading Nick and this organization through the years. You were not around for the debacle that occurred at a NACHI convention iin Florida, with folks lobbying others to join a new association, while being the guests of THIS org. You weren’t around for the Gang of 5 who tried to take control of the org. You weren’t there for the licensing battles, or the education battles.

You missed all the fun.

Through all of it, ESOP served the org and its Founder. For many early members, being a ppart of this org came at a personal price, whether financially or through ridicule (including inspectors and realtors).

The message board has always been a rather brutal place. If you don’t like it, then stay the f u c k away. People have called for moderation for 10 years, and Nick will have none of it.

So, it is what it is. Namecalling is not unethical. It’s expresssive

Your recollection is the same as mine. My comment about staff was that some of your ESOP members don’t give Chris the respect that he requires his staff to give you. That’s all I meant.

Right, Russel… whatever you say:roll:

There is your advice George from one of the founding members. You should be proud to be a member.

My respect for Chris has grown exponentially since that call, and I asked you to tell him that.

He grew into that job, and understands how to finesse a situation.

Nick,

Why have an ESOP if only one man (CEO Chris) is given the full power to make the final decision? I thought it was a board of members who voted and they had the last say regarding matters related to ethics.

And who would that be? None that I can think of.

I’ve said that line many times before, Troy.

It stands.

Nick will never allow the board to be moderated. Don’t believe me? Ask him.

So, if you can’t handle it, then stay away.

Your opinions will change nothing. In fact, some will argue that NACHI has grown into the largest inspection association specifically because of its policy.

Nick attributes my contributions over the past 10 years to our latest accomplishment. I cannot discount the true contributions of Nickl and his staff, but he feels that I am owed some recognition, and actually decided that those contributions from the very beginning identify me as a co-founder.

I did not consider myself as such, but Nick really insisted.

So, yeah… it’s advice on a lack of decorum on this message board that prompted me to give George some very sound advice.

It was not a dig. It’s the truth.

Billy,

The best way to describe the events of the past month is thinking along the lines of checks and balances.

Previously, Chris and Nick may have been reluctant to do something asked of them, due to views of how the message board operates. However, we NEVER before has a situation where Nick disagreed with an ESOP recommendation. Even where he, in the past, did not want to suspend a member, he always went along with things.

Nick did not veto the findings; he veto’s te recommendations after the fact. he never criticized the process, as it worked. Nick and Lisa have forwarded every ethics complaint they have received for the past 7 years. I have handled them all. Sime had resulted n iinvestigations, while oothers were bogus and never saw thhe light of day. Soome reqired a call to the inspector and a discussion about the complaint and trying to do the right thing. No backlash, generally speaking.

So, I have to give Nick the benefit of the doubt that he has another plan or is simply waiting for things to play themselves out.

Nick knows I am unhappy with the outcome, and change of plans since the con call.

But, NACHI is NOT a democracy. It is a private org with owners. The owners make the rules. we can fight with Nick and lobby him till the cows come home. In the end, he makes the call. Now, Chris can also make the call.

Simple.

Well deserved I’m sure. Still it inspires no respect from me when you want to come at me by calling names like some punk kid on the playground.

I have nothing but respect for this organization and have said it time and again. Heck I even say it when I attend monthly ASHI meetings in my area because there are no InterNACHI events.

So thank you for all you have contributed to this organization, but thanks is all you will get from me. I have no respect for you, but that doesn’t matter because you don’t care. That makes two of us I guess.

Hey… you get it;-)

BTW… Any time you want to volunteer your time to the org for absolutely no pay, and criticism from all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks who are comfortable letting you know how you did it all wrong… just let me know.

An invitation I would have gladly accepted previously. Unfortunately I kind of want to respect those I work with which couldn’t happen here. My loss I’m sure.

I think I have a very clear picture now. An organization is only as good as its leaders.
Thanks, I’ll not question the man behind the curtain any more, ill ask my questions and be prepared to be cursed, talked down to and attempt to filter through it all to find the professionalism and wisdom. Cause in this house this is expected, and not only expected, it’s accepted by the leadership.

And yes name calling is unethical (lacking moral principles; unwilling to adhere to proper rules of conduct.)

unless your ethical lines and acceptable conduct threshold are lower than four letter words flung AT someone rather than expressed as a feeling of frustration or fear… There is a difference sir and I did not have to be around to understand that slaves were treated bad and forces to pick cotton and buy from the plantation store even after slavery to keep them in bondage, But I do know that this history gives no one a right to guard the store at all cost , curse at and talk down to anyone who questions their motives or behavior and use this history to justify mud slinging, name calling and attempts to use profanity as a means to define someone or get a point across.

Opinions and questions about a process and a challenge as to its relevancy is not grounds for an attack or response as charged up as the one above. The scars of the past are speaking and I understand a decision not to moderate the message boards BUT drawing a line to maintain civility would clearly fall into the COE and reflect on the org as a whole.
I made an assumption that you, Joe were a leader here? Maybe I am mistaken but if so, then as I started out this thread, I have my answers.
I’m sure the times spoken about above we’re tough and frustrating at best, but that will never justify the kind of anger spewed here… Not in my world anyway, where men disagree but never stop being men.

I have volunteered more than a few times now. I think Troy and I would be a great addition to the ESOP. How about it?

Joe,

I understand how it works just don’t agree with it. Most big companies are ran by a board of trustees for a reason. That’s how I thought the ESOP ran. As long as we keep it to where one person rules the playground per say no one will truly trust this org 100%. We need to be heard as a team not as an individual.