The internet isn't the future of inspections... its now.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

(October 24) – According to the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS?’’ “Internet Versus Traditional Buyers Survey,” the number of Web-based homebuyers rose from 28 percent in 2000 to 45 percent this year. The research reveals that Internet buyers are younger and wealthier than their traditional counterparts, and they purchase higher-priced dwellings. In fact, the median price of homes purchased by Internet buyers was $462,200 this year, versus $350,000 for traditional buyers. The poll also found that online buyers spend more time doing research before hiring an agent than traditional buyers–4.4 weeks versus 1.7 weeks–but they look at fewer homes and make their purchases more quickly. “The Internet has become an increasingly important tool for homebuyers in recent years, and it continues to change the way homebuyers interact with REALTORS?,” observes CAR President Toby Bradley.

Source: Inman News Features (10/23/03)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

NACHI’s master goal is to bypass REALTORs altogether and go straight to the home buyers via the internet, catching the fish upstream so to speak.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Nick

that’s really cool, NACHI members will all be able to join Dennis at IHINA and leave you here by yourself as you can’t come with us as you are the guy we will be bypassing … such are lifes little ironies icon_lol.gif

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

icon_biggrin.gif very funny.

When we get RealMatcher.com online the REALTOR associations are going to kick me out anyway. It will mean NACHI members will no longer have to kiss any agent's a$s, and so it will be worth it.

Nick

PS For those of you who don't know, it appears that the National Association of REALTORs will be breaking off official ties to REALTOR.com (currently the official site of NAR). On that day we hope to roll out RealMatcher.com. With reciprocity spreading nationally, where each agent can advertise any other agents listings, RealMatcher.com will explode. Unlike REALTOR.com, RealMatcher will charge agents nothing to post listings, which means some will do it, which means they'll all have to do it. Also unlike REALTOR.com, For-sale-by-owners will be allowed to list. Currently FSBO's have no multi-list access. Here's the NACHI kicker: Any buyer browsing for homes will automatically be referred to the NACHI inspector in the area they are looking! Agents will be asking NACHI members for referrals as we'll know who is selling and buying before they do. Tables will be turned. Actually tables are already turning. Its working.

Yes, my real estate licence will be lost at that point, maybe sooner if the right person sees this post. I don't care... NACHI first. Onwards and upwards!

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

That is very good news. Great job as usual, Nick.

Blaine

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

That is great Nick, If I can do anything to help just let me know… I am always willing to lend a hand…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Most of this falls on Chris’ shoulders. Luckily. Anyway, we’ll pull it off and end up with all the inspection work our members can handle, the agents getting referred by inspectors (instead of the other way around), and enough money to fund every NACHI project we can dream of.

If anything, we're pre-mature on this stuff and have to wait a little for the industries to catch up.

Nick

That is ok, I have more then enough, with the Foundation and getting it started…

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

“Realtors Remain Point People for Referrals”

CBSMarketWatch.com (10/17/03) Kerch, Steve

New research from the National Association of Realtors reveals that real estate clients turn to their agents for help beyond the homebuying aspect of the process. In fact, their representative's opinion is the key determining factor when choosing transaction-related services. More than 50 percent of homebuyers, for example, select warranty, general inspection, and pest inspection services based on recommendations
from their agent; and more than 33 percent cite a realtor referral as the primary reason behind their choice of mortgage lender. Many agents keep long lists of service providers to accommodate their clients, and some major franchise players in the property sector even have separate divisions devoted entirely to providing customer referrals. While the federal Real Estate Settlement and Procedures Act forbids agents from receiving kickbacks for their referrals, the timely provision of these to the client usually means the timely payment of their compensation.
cbs.marketwatch.com

Nick,

I am considering getting my real estae license what would you reccomend to someone just starting out.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

It depends.

Answer these questions:

Why do you want your license? To have it when your friends and family want to buy and sell? To go into the real estate business and become a REALTOR? To save money on commissions when you flip your own properties? To have greater access to the market for your own purchaces? To advertise your own rentals in the multi-list? To learn more to help with your home inspection business?

Also, do you or don't you want more income now? Some want a license to supplement their income. Some, like me, don't use it to directly earn money.

Nick

Didn’t your english teacher tell you to never answer a question with a question.

Well I would say that I have always been interested in the real estate market. I would like to use it to supplement my income at first, and then hopefully build up to making a decent income.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Then I would avoid RE/MAX or any other 100% office. You really can’t make any money at a 100% split office unless you sell at least 3 million a year.

Another question then:

Do you plan on moving more than 15 miles away within the next few years?

Nick

I don’t really plan on it, why is that…

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Because there are two types of agents. Those that slowly build up a local referral business (like me), and those that rely on advertising (mostly print) so can move to another town without losing the equity they’ve built in their referral business.

Do you have children?

I know these sound like irrelevant questions, but I'll explain as I go.

Nick

Ok, you are the real estate master. I do have children but they live in TN with their mother…

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Good. You can be both a listing or a buyer’s agent. People with children find it difficult to be a buyer’s agents. Most buyers need to see homes during hours children need you the most… weekends and dinner time.

What is your heart like? Do you predict you will become emotionally involved with your clients? Or can you keep it all business?

Nick

No, I can keep it all business, I am like that…

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Do you have a newer vehicle that seats at least 5?

Nick

I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan, does that work

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895