The NEST Thermostat-Inspect HVAC

Just ran into my first NEST Thermostat…After a breif attempt to send it to manual I asked the homeowner to do so which they did. They also followed my requests for on & off…
The NEST web sight has an instruction turning it to programable thermostat…will that allow me to inspect furnace and A/C? Is their another way to inspect the furnace-AC with a NEST installed? Besides hot-wiring…that sounds like a sure way to burn up something…like my ol’ 61’ Chevy Coil…

Thanks…bill o

Just one more thermostat to learn how to use.
Care to share the instructions as I don’t have them yet?

Hey William maybe the Smart Meter could not sense you were a Smart Inspector so it would not work for you. LOL

Iel had a few minutes and followed your lead… Then to you tube… See. Nest, unboxing, etc…
Anyhow the deal seems to be that simply turning the therm will adjust present mode up or down. Itll change color also. Maybe thats what spooked me last night. So then to change mode one presses on it… Click… Then select the red/blue dot. Thisll take you to a selection of heat or cool… Select… Click… Click some more to return to the dial. Dial for demand…
Return to the original temp and system… You do remember, right!
Lotsa luck… Bill