Thermal Imaging Paying For Itself

John,

Did you do contact moisture tests at that location?
Do you have the results off hand?

Yes, I did testing with contact moisture meter.
The meter pegged out. I did not write down any
readings. It was WET.

I always verify moisture comments with meter
verification. Good wisdom.

Permission to steal this picture for education, sir! :wink:

No offense taken.

There is a middle ground between the B-Cam and the B2. The new B-Cam SD. They seem to be lowering the price of the B1 and putting the B SD in its price point. The SD has a lot (most!) of the features that I lusted after. If I could do it all over again, I would buy the B cam SD, in my never to be humble opinion.

Maybe FLIR will give me one. After all, I am the 2006 NACHI member of the year. I should be able to cash in on endorsments, shouldn’t I :mrgreen:

That is the one I purchased, still learnin it…

What is the diference between the b cam and the sd and the price. I don’t think I’ve seen that camera.

John,
I’m delighted that the infrared camera is now working for you.

It’s difficult for us as both inspectors and vendors to make people believe in some of the projects and products we develop and sell. We have been involoved in infrared for the last year with our inspection company and it has given us access to many new opportunities that would otherwise have not been available to us. They undeniably pay for themselves both directly and indirectly many times over.

It’s only a matter of time before they become as common in an inspector’s toolbag as the moisture meter.

As far as cameras, we have several models. We would no longer recommend the BCAM (we have two of these) because the quality of the new BCAM SD is far superior for what we do.

Way to go!

Catherine Demsky

Thanks Will… for taking the time to talk to me today. You have been a big help and my CD is on the way.

I would add, it’s only a matter of how you market yourself.

I do regular (2 to 3 a week) “inspections” for the Vet’s at a nearby racetrack. A horse comes down lame and they call me and I do some scanning of knees and / shoulders, looking for areas of inflamation and/or damage.

$150.00 per scan (about 7 - 15 pictures, and I just download to the vet’s PC).

Good money, the Vets like me (as do the owners, who have EXPENSIVE houses: HINT, HINT!!!).

Good work (sure beats draw inspections) and gets me in good with a high priced crowd, who ask me to do inspections for them).

Then I do energy audits of their older, BIG houses. Then their kids are buying houses. Then their lawyers, partners, accountants and financial managers are buying houses ( and their respective kids).

Just one way to market and bring new business.

Hope this helps;

Wow, lucky I checked out this thread. :shock:

Will, I feel oppressed at being forced to mail anything, much less a CD. Please if you want me to access your materials, please provide this in a format that I can download at minimal risk and outlay of energy and expense to myself. I’d prefer to not have to point, click, or bend over to do anything.

Thank you.

For those about to pop a gasket, the foregoing was bent on the same humor that Will had employed in his own post that I enclosed in my quotations marks when I referenced it. wink, wink

:slight_smile:

John, I am waiting till the last minute to sign up, but I believe I will be going to the class next week, probably wont sign up till Thurs or so. Hope to see ya there.
Jamie

OK… great.
It will be good to have a fellow NACHI forum member there.