This week's (March 8, 2022) Tuesday Night Auction. Bid now

This week’s (March 8, 2022) Tuesday Night Auction for Cozy Coats for Kids is a one-ounce U.S. gold coin minted in 1900.

I verified that this is gold using my Sigma verifier and I can confirm it is authentic. Sigma machine not included. Only the 1-oz gold coin is being offered up for this auction.

Gold is the ultimate inflation hedge. Read more about my thinking regarding gold coins at: Wealth Storage for Home Inspectors - InterNACHI®

Auction item is being provided by Nick Gromicko.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 1.13.23 PM

Rules:

• Auction starts now and ends around 7PM MST (9PM EST) on Tuesday night.
  • Winner will be the post with the highest bid as of roughly 7PM MST (9PM EST).
  • You can bid as many times as you’d like, as long as your new bid is higher than the previous bid.
  • Winner agrees to make a donation to the Cozy Coats for Kids charity for the amount they bid.
  • Winner’s company, company logo, and company contact info will be listed/promoted on the Cozy Coats for Kids’ Donors page forever… an added bonus for winning.
  • Inspector Outlet will contact the winner for shipping instructions (shipping included).
  • Maggie will contact the winner for payment.

Total approximate value of this item with shipping: No clue.

1 Like

I bid $1,000.

Just a little information on this gold coin Nick is auctioning off;

It is a 1900 $20.00 Gold Liberty Double Eagle. There were a little more than 4MM minted at two different mints; Philadelphia which there is no mint mark on the coin and San Fransisco which has an “S” pressed under the “Double Eagle” side. (Which is present on Nick’s coin)

Both mints appear to share equal value based on their gradings.

Current values and asking prices are well over $2000.00 for this coin so Nick’s starting bid is well worth looking at. Good start for a good cause. If I didn’t have to replace my furnace next week, I sure would be considering this offer.

1 Like

It’s a nice coin. And I checked it out on my Sigma. The CPI came out today and the government says inflation is at 7.5%, which means it is really at 15%. Read www.nachi.org/wealth. And invest in something the Federal Reserve can’t just keep printing.

1 Like

If this goes for less than the melt price of gold, I’m going to cry.

I’ll bid $1100

2 Likes

ill bid $1200.00

1 Like

$1250 is my bid.

When does the auction end?

03/08/2022

1 Like

I thought maybe a typo, as this week was Tuesday 2/8 but I guess so is March… lets see where it goes :wink:

1 Like

Nick posts them early to give everyone a chance to see it. There is usually some reminders that get posted as it gets closer to the end. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks Ryan!

1 Like

Price of gold today…$1860.11

3 Likes

But don’t count on them! There wasn’t for the last one. I was intending to bid before the close of it and never received any notice, so I (and the kids) missed out on a larger bid.

1 Like

Ill bid $1300

1 Like

I bid $1350

Ends tomorrow.

Ends soon. Are you all seriously going to let this coin sell for far less than melt?

I bid 1500.00. I know it is worth more than that - I will keep watching. Thanks for donating this to Cozy Coats for Kids.

1 Like

If you win bid is it double, bid price goes to coin and then you match the bid to cozy coats?