Thoughts on Flir One Pro?

$399 is the price - and no one is listening to the question.
FLIR ONE PRO not the Flir one AAAARRRRGGGHHHH ;);D

I’ve played with a 2nd gen FLIR One and now I have a Flir E4 with the modification to make it the same specs as a E8. The quality between the 2 is very noticeable(again this was not the pro version). The pro cost $400 and I got my e4 for $800, not that big of a difference really. Another thought, while pretty superficial, is what would your clients view be when you take out this tiny camera and plug it into your iPhone vs walking in with a nice dedicated case and taking out a large heavy duty looking camera? Buy nice or buy twice my man.

Good luck with your purchase, being so sensitive about replies is not in your best interest.

State of the art migrates to the miniature. Sleek and compact. I like the idea of having to deal with just creating one picture file to import into HIP - or at least I hope that’s what it does.

Where/who was this? Maybe they can help us. Seems like you are not getting answers you like here in the inspection forum and ignoring them.

I told you the answer and yes I use my FLIR One all the time .I also said consider the C2 . Guess my answer did not help for some reason.

Argue with the ones I warned you about in my same response post you ignored .

You seem to have made up your mind and will not change it.

Why the hell are you arguing with us? Get off your a s s and go get your hands on one and answer your questions yourself.

#1 “Resolution” is not all that matters in camera selection. It’s just a pixel count. But you knew that didn’t you?!

IF, a $400 camera is good enough, why do clients demand information on the camera to be used. I know, your talking residential inspections. But what makes residential less important than a professional job?

I’m guessing you can “afford” the liability your creating?

Posting to anyone who could use useful information about the Flir One PRO:

The FLIR ONE Pro caters to power users and professionals. Thermal imagers are especially effective for diagnosing Job site issues that are difficult to spot with the naked eye. Examples include spotting an overloaded circuit or identifying a switch that is beginning to fail and determining the exact location of plumbing issues like clogged pipes or water leaks (that are not readily visible). Identification of insulation issues is an oft-cited example. But, in addition, it can also be used to identify critter nesting areas, or even lost pets. A smartphone along with the FLIR ONE Pro can help in all these cases and more.

The FLIR ONE Pro hardware build quality is excellent, and there is really nothing to complain about in that aspect.

We have to give credit to FLIR for OneFit adjustable connector feature that enables usage of the add-on module even with mobile devices enclosed in cases. The USB-C connector for the Android version solves the orientation issue that consumers faced with the previous generation FLIR ONE units. The built-in battery ensures that the add-on does not negatively affect the battery life of the mobile device. The new features of the FLIR One app are also welcome.

The FLIR ONE Pro comes in at $400. The closest competitor to the FLIR ONE Pro (in terms of target market and feature set) is Seek Thermal’s CompactPRO. It boasts a much higher thermal sensor resolution (320 x 240) compared to the Lepton 3 (160 x 120) in the FLIR ONE Pro. However, it doesn’t have a camera for the visible spectrum, and lacks the advanced blending features such as FLIR’s MSX. With the Seek Thermal CompactPRO being priced close to $500, we believe that the FLIR ONE Pro has a significant edge despite sporting a sensor with just a quarter of the pixels.

Does that make it the preferred imager for plagiarists?

You know chuck, for a guy who has a lot to offer this group, you sure can be a king sized dick.

This was taken from a review of someone who had actually put the Flir One Pro through its paces and shared it so people could decide whether to invest in it, instead of the holier than thou condescending piles of “Shiite” you and your clan of curmudgeons dish out to folks trying to add constructive information.

Kiss my ***.

I know where it came from. You published the content of an article that was written by another person and represented someone else’s hard work, without giving any mention or credit to the author or a link to the original content. Someone who didn’t know you weren’t capable of producing it might think it represented your work. That is the very definition of plagiarism.

If Nick’s lucky they won’t file a DMCA claim for your theft of their work since you duplicated it in the open forum. You should know better.

If you want to share someone else’s work, the thing to do is publish a short description (include an except if you get permission), then link to the original article by the actual author.

As for being a dick. I’m not the guy who stole someone else’s work or responded to to the first reply that I didn’t like with this presumptive little gem

I think you need a mirror. You might spot a dick.

I appreciate the input. I think I’ve heard enough about the Flir One and it’s not for me. The Flir one Pro is just a step up and their latest. Th C2 also is out for me. It seems like a quality camera, but since it doesn’t take visible light photos, it would be hard for me to compose pics in a report that make sense to my clients.

Plagiarism implies that I was representing it as my work. I stated I was going to go outside of this forum and look for info I could share with this group on the Flir One PRO, since it was lacking. That’s precisely what I did. I posted links to info on the PRO, but, based on the answers I kept getting, people weren’t following the links.

Your just busy swelling up your head, you don’t care about whether a camera would be a useful tool.

There’s a core handful of hyenas on this group that consistently badger and belittle and push people off this forum, and your in that pack. It’s a shame, because I see you do offer plenty of good information, but your gritty little trumpish digs put you down in the mud with the pigs

So you’re claiming that it’s only copyright infringement, not quite plagiarism because you didn’t explicitly claim it as your own. What I said about it still applies. You lifted someone else’s work.

Since you’ve made an assumption about me, let me share mine about you: You admittedly don’t know anything about thermal imaging, but you have already made up your mind about your choice of equipment using precious little criteria beyond cheap to acquire. Your post was merely seeking validation for the decision that you already made and you had zero interest in any contradictory opinion or feedback.

Be happy with the choice you made. Go forth and conquer with it. Don’t ask questions that you don’t want to hear the answers to.

And you, go forth and lay with the hyenas and pigs, and squelch the notion that exploring new technology might benefit individuals and the industry.

Good night

Go smoke a bone and chill out Steve…

Don’t get you panties in a knot Brother.
The Flir One Pro is a toy.

Really - I’m here to learn, not fight. I’m also here to help others that have, or will have, the same question.
Can you tell me why you think it’s a toy?

Here’s some links to reviews at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-Thermal-Imaging-Camera-Android/dp/B07232C9RB

The low stars seem to be early on with the app itself and have been resolved with software updates, but there are a couple of solid 5 stars from professionals that use them in their work.

Resolution for one and it would be harder to handle than my E8 with the pistol grip with image trigger.
And it appears fragile. I don’t want to rely on anything that plugs into a phone.