"Ting" Smart Plug Offered by Insurance Co?

Even more worthless then I guess, lol.

Eh, there probably is some utility in this, but if you’re concerned about arc faults, and frankly they do burn down homes, this is better than nothing. That said, for about the same money, you can install an arc fault breaker on the circuit and protect it properly. Of course, that’s if you have any idea how to do it yourself. If you have to pay Mr Sparky, this looks better and better.

When I did the addition on my home up north, all the new circuits were AFCI/GFCI combos. The one kept tripping. I ended up grabbing my fluke TS100 from work and found the break. The siding guys had driven a siding nail right through the nail plate. I had used the TS100 a bunch of times for twisted pair, tried it on NM and it said the fault was like 41 feet . I was sorta shocked it worked, but it did! Since I had run the wires, I knew right where everything went, rough measured it and found the problem. If it were less of a penetration and had sat there and cooked for a while on a regular breaker, the outcome could have been different.

1 Like