Today's deathtrap

POS. 1930s house. Lots of electrical problems inside.

Here’s a good one. I saw a water stain on a downstairs ceiling, and upstairs I found…they had turned the entire bathroom into a shower stall. You could stand at the sink and brush your teeth or sit on the toilet while simultaneously taking a shower. They just forgot that the door and window were made out of wood. And since there was no shower pan, the entire thing leaked.

They put a laundry room upstairs and vented the dryer directly into the attic.

The house once had a boiler. In the attic and CS I found abandoned water pipes with abestos insulation. It had crumbled and was on the floor of the attic and in the soil in the CS. Even though I have a respirator, I refused to enter those areas due to the health hazard.

Excellent call!

My first thought was that the deck appears to be exterior to (I’m guessing) the master bedroom. Now if the resident couple decided to go out there at night to enjoy the pleasant night atmosphere…:mrgreen:

Yikes! I hate to say it but I see that kind of thing around here all the time. They like to make them 4 decks high here, supported by 6 x 6 posts and then add a hot tub. :mrgreen: Real dumb!