--

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Joe,

As stated already. I think it would be great to have one of their representatives come on the NACHI board to answer any questions that we may have concerning the more balanced Legislation, that will be enacted.
For those of you who want to learn more about this new organization and requirements for membership, can view the APHI purpose at http://www.aphi.info/aphi/pdf/Bill_Of_Rights_v2.pdf

Don't bother checking their membership numbers yet. No information is ready as of today.![](upload://zrlCdpYRGZ4eLQaSEDs42YDhBh8.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jpeck

I was at a legislation meeting (we are working on legislaton down here, but then again, we have been for 10 years) where a representative of their attended. I didn’t like their model, trying to hard to push basically the ASHI model legislation, which I am against.

Jerry Peck

South Florida

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Jerry,

Where are we with the legislation down here. Is the model similar to what we have here in Charlotte County?

Blaine ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Quote:
I didn't like their model, trying to hard to push basically the ASHI model legislation, which I am against.

Could you please be more explicit as to your feelings on this company. Is it not a good idea to become a member of http://www.aphi.info/aphi/ ? It all sounds good according to Joe Hagarty! I feel we need more definitive information on APHI as to its purpose and benefits of becoming a member of this new outfit.

We surely could use an appointed representative from APHI, to answer our questions and give NACHI members more input. Maybe Joe can set them up to join this thread?

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Joe,

great work on your part in getting Nachi to be one of the trade org’s involved in this, I know it’s early days with this “coalition” but lets become a significant part of this new org.

Thanks for your hard work

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

Originally Posted By: dbowers

To Jerry Peck, Mike Handley or All Others:

I don't know why some of you talked about the ASHI group trying to dominate the world. They seem awful fair minded to me. Just look how about 3-4 years ago they took their own HI test that their dues paying membership had paid $100,000 or more to develop and gave it away to
another group totally unrelated to themselves (EBPHI).

Why today that EBPHI group (Educational Board of Professional Home Inspectors) is going into state after state and offering to let those states use the NHIE (National Home Inspectors Exam) if the state wants to help their needy inspectors get licensed. Gosh now thats real generosity.

Naively Yours,

Dan Bowers (Kansas City)

Originally Posted By: ltrower

Dan,

I am sure there is no connection between the two of them either.

ASHI address
932 Lee Street Suite 101
Des Plaines, Ill. 60016

EBPHI address
932 Lee Street Suite 202
Des Plains, Ill, 60016

Not to consider the fact that Promissor (the company that you get to pay $195.00) to take the test from has a hook up with EBPHI (like run by them). Nawwwwwwwww. Just some good boys trying to make friends all over the United States, while making all the money they can along with keeping the Gate to the Business locked for new people. The are a wonderful bunch.

Lee Trower

Originally Posted By: psabados

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a private elevator at the rear of the offices. Probably a sophisticated LAN system too!

Paul

Paul,

Remember the picture of the 2 story outhouse we were wondering if it was really the ASHI headquarters? Well now we know who is on top of the heap.

Lee Trower

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Dan,

I truly hope that was you attempt at some jest! If that was not, could you please give us the names of those that make up the EBPHI. Not too long ago I posted that very same question in another forum. Turns out that most of the board that make up the EBPHI are or were members of ASHI.

If you are looking for that impartial pleading that ASHI has made in their defense I believe you are pissing into the wind my fellow inspector. The EBPHI was created and funded with money from ASHI. It continues to use ASHI members to create the questions on the exam.

While there has been a some attempt on ASHI's part to separate themselves from the exam, it has become pretty clear that they are one in the same.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

Hi guys it’s me!

First Dan you need to get the name correct. EBPHI stands for Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors.

Second, ASHI has never tried to hide the fact that they started EBPHI.

As for ASHI members writing the exam questions, well this is true in a way. About 40% to 50% of the test writers are not ASHI members. Sure they will have more ASHI folks just due to the shear fact that more home inspectors belong to ASHI, as of Dec 1, 2003 a little over 6800.

If you want to help write questions for EBPHI, you need to have been in the business for three years as a active home inspector and have taken and passed the NHIE. No pay and it is three days of hard work but well worth the time. Come and learn for yourself by writing questions for EBPHI.

I know that most on this forum will argue with my post, but I have attended several EBPHI sessions. Dan has never attended a EBPHI session, yet he claims to know all about it as do others.

Nomex suit is on!

Scott,

Such earth shaking questions they are too! Like:

Verbal communication issues include all of the following, exceptt:
a) encoding
b) decoding
c) communication obstacles
d) narrative or checklist style
e) effective listening

or

Pyrclysis is:
a) a phenomenon where auto-ignition temperature of the wood is reduced.
b) a phenomenon where chronic condensation on the underside of sheathing causes the sheathing to sag between the rafters.
c) a phenomenon where ceilulose insulation can spontaneously ignite when in contact with roof shearting that does not have a FRT rating.
d) a moldy depost caused by poor ventilation.
e3) premature corrosion of sheathing nails due to contact with acids in some types of waferboard.

You really thing these questions belong on the test?

Lee Trower