TPR Valve Enclosed

I usually write up no extension tube on the TPR valve as a person could be scalded if it were to discharge at them.

This is the first water tank I’ve seen completely enclosed in a cabinet, like a washing machine. I don’t see a safety concern from scalding, because the discharged water would be inside this cabinet.

I’ll write up the exposed wire splices, though, because for one, they should be in a proper junction box, and two, if there were a TPR Valve discharge, we’d have water possibly saturating the connection.

Does anyone think it needs the extension tube, aside from maybe getting all that nice insulation wet? It is fully enclosed, I took the lid off to inspect.

72 Grassland Terrance-Adkins 080.JPG

It’s called a table top water heater and ALL of the TPRV discharge rules still apply.

yeah, I found out it’s a Craftmaster Tabletop, manf’d 2007.

Like I said, I would say the issue with the TPRV extension is it would saturate and ruin the insulation, as well as being dangerous electrically.

The drain pipe must pitch down from the valve and
terminate a maximum of 6” above the floor drain, or
outside ground level where any discharge will be
clearly visible.
http://www.americanwaterheater.com/support/instructions

It also needs to be visible to see if it’s discharging (dripping). As Juan said all rules apply.

Got it…Thanks guys…

Now to write up this radiator hose trap…I Love the Southern part of this State!!!

72 Grassland Terrance-Adkins 075.JPG

The photo should be enough. :slight_smile:

That’s a nice supply connection between the cpvc and the galvanized, too. :shock:

yep, I made sure to capture both in one photo…there’s and engine somewhere on that farm that ain’t running cause it’s missing a heater hose and that radiator hose! :|.)

One of my pre-loaded comments is “unprofessional plumbing practices were observed”…

Ya think that’s too harsh?? :cool:

Maybe not harsh enough. You might try this word/phrase, that I learned here of course from a few veterans. It kind of gets to the point. :mrgreen:

Fubar

lol, Chris…my Dad was an ex-drill instructor in the army.

I grew up with that term, and was responsible for many of its uses when I was growing up!

One case that comes to mind, was our old console tv had to be beat on once in a while to get the picture to straighten out. So I decided one day to take it apart. I must have been 11 or 12. So Dad gets home from work, and there’s the tv scattered all over the living room floor. On “HeeHaw” night of all things!

He said the tv was fubar and my allowance plus extra chores was gonna buy a new one…and it did…at least it beat the alternative… :smiley: