Type K copper appliance gas connect?

First time I’ve ran into a copper gas connect for a dryer or any appliance. Any rules on these? I am calling out the plastic vent pipe in the picture. Thanks for the help with this

The installation should be per local codes and recommendations of the dryer manufacturer.
That copper tubing is subject to kinking and my suggestion would be to have an appliance gas connector and a gas valve should be accessible.
I hope that is not an electric baseboard that I see. Even a hydronic baseboard, I don’t think is a good idea.
I would think that a hard smooth duct directly connected for the dryer vent would also be recommended.
Was this natural gas or LP?

3 Likes

Natural gas, Hot water baseboard. And I’m calling out the plastic portion of the vent. I told my client that it has a higher chance of kinking too but just not sure of my local rules on
this didnt know if it was a national thing or not. Thanks for help

1 Like

I believe you can not use copper with natural gas in some areas. I am sure others will chime in on that.

2 Likes

Here’s a good link with some accepted standards when copper is used as a fuel line.

2 Likes

We cannot use copper with natural gas in NE Ohio. Also the inside bend of the flex should be at least the diameter of the flex.

2 Likes

Yep copper is a non starter here in SW Michigan also. But, it’s a regional and time thing. “In the day” it was allowed like many other things. I’d call it out as a safety issue, recommend it be evaluated/replaced and move on.

2 Likes

It may be an independent water supply line for steam dryer.
Make sure before you call out improper gas connections.
Ive cleared this up before for another insp. Who thought it was a gas dryer.

1 Like

Thanks. Yep standard 110/120 volt connection. I have seen what you’re referring to though on some newer units. This was about 30+ years old though.