VA and FHA loan Inspectors in Missouri

I just completed the initial certification through INTERNachi, but then someone had asked if I was certified for FHA and VA loan inspections. I can’t find specific info for that, does anyone have any insight on this?

There are no special requirements, or certifications, for either as far as home inspections.

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Ryan!..Enjoy participating… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks, it was a realtor that asked me that question. I was caught off guard because I wasn’t aware of any other requirements.

It has been my experience that the lender has their own inspector they send out to look for items specific to a VA, FHA or USDA loans. I carry a sheet with a dozen or so of the specific items the inspector will be looking at, If I know its that type of loan I will look for and note items on the list. For example if I inspect and older home with a 30 gallon water heater I will state VA requires a 40 gallon.

OK I’m a bit miffed here. Why did someone flag this post to be hidden? Is there an Inspector out there so butt hurt from this post that they feel they were targeted? Typically that would indicate they feel this post describes them. :thinking:

3 Likes

Yup, that’s what this society and organization has come to… a bunch of snowflake woosies that can’t handle the truth, especially when it points a finger directly back at them!!

I’m sure most of you that have seen my posts over the years, can recognize that I chose my words VERY carefully before hitting enter !!

@gromicko Nick, this is Censorship and total BS! You need to fix this moderation problem with the MB!!

This only works if the snowflake has the balls to voice his concern with a post, or the system discloses WHO the loser is that flagged the post!!

That’s how it should work (both requirements) and at least the second requirement.

Don’t hold your breath on anything changing though since this BB system was created for the new generation of Butt Hurt participants.

2 Likes

Someone need to have this flagging of veteran members stopped.

4 Likes

Agreed. Or we could vote to unflag it, maybe 3 likes? I dunno.

IMO, 99% of flagged member threads do not deserve it. Everyone clicks on it and reads it anyway. All it does is demote the “trust” level of the member. Are you telling me JJ cannot be “trusted”? let’s be real.

1 Like

All the guys complaining about the flagged post have a flag badge in their profile. :thinking:

Yep, it says I flagged someone. I do not remember doing it, likely a vendor spamming.

4 Likes

I have flagged some spam stuff also. Usually when a visitor makes a post with an external link embedded in the text.

2 Likes

Not in my area (Illinois). I have performed hundreds of inspections for those three types of loans. The appraisers are different, but not the home inspectors.

1 Like

I Flag Vendors posting in sections they are not allowed (yes, they have restrictions), Spammers, Scammers, Hackers, etc. Before my “Trust Level” was stripped from me, my flagging actually helped keep some of this crap off the boards. I know this because the ‘System’ would message me that posts and or links were removed and thanks for reporting them!

Then… I know of a handful of members that flag damned near every post I make, one of them out of spite for me personally. There was also another that was a member for a couple of years, and his very first post on this MB was in my “Meme’s” thread because he didn’t approves of the thread in general… but yet he read through literally thousands of posts before he decided that!!

And ya’ll wonder why Veteran inspectors are difficult to find and get help from on this MB.
You brought it upon yourselves and is your loss!

2 Likes