Very low Radon test results

Have been using AirChek for years with out problems. Always use two kits per test. Generally, “good” results in this area (East TN) run 1.3 to 2.5 — very consistent. The last 3 test results were 0.7, 0.8 and 0.3. Always do a “close house” test for 72 hours. Anyone ever experience reading this low? Comments?

Before offering an opinion, I need to ask… have you had any formal training and from where?

Yes, been certified for 10 years

That wasn’t my question.

Professional Home Inspection Institute — Certificate #RDN20127200052 – 16 hour class completed Aug. 8, 2007

That makes your original question even more puzzling. I find it difficult to believe that you weren’t taught about the varying levels of concentration readings. Just in a five mile radius of my service area, I’ve had readings from 0.00 thru 38.7, with an average of 7.6 pCi/L. I have zero reason to question any reading I get, then again, I use a Professional Lab grade charcoal canister, not little sponges hanging off the ceiling!!

Thank you for your input. I’ve used charcoal canisters and Charcoal Liquid Scintillation detectors for the first 6 or 7 years. Switched to AirChek based on recommendations from other inspectors. You seem to have problems with AirChek. Interested in your thoughts. In our area (East TN) a reading of 0.0 is unheard of. Anything less than 0.5 are, for all practical purposes, equivalent to radon levels found outside, in the fresh air. Finding these levels in a home that has been closed for 12 hours and then the proper conditions maintained for 72 hours, does deserve a second look — in my opinion. Thanks again for your help, just trying to do right by my customer. I’ll talk with AirChek on Monday.

Yes . I have had readings this low before. Feel good when a reading is that low. It makes it some what of a SAFE house