1950 home in southern Calif. Has a nice working wall heater in the
living room. In the Attic I noticed that the vent piping is probably an
older asbestos vent…Do I mention it? If so what would be the the write- up.
Tell them it is probably asbestos, but that can only be determined by a laboratory analysis. Tell them that asbestos is an inhalation hazard only and as long as the material is undisturbed and is not releasing fibers into the breathing air, there is no known health threat. Tell them that future removal may require state or local permits. Tell them to contact an industrial hygienist for further info.