Watts Regulator

Is part of this regulator missing for the sprinkling system?

111008 012 (Small).jpg

Just everything that makes it a regulator.

mine has a large brass dome on the top of it …looks like it might be missing there

Looks more like a backflow device missing the normal cap. Any pictures from another angle? This looks similar. http://www.watertips.com/images/Watts800QT.jpg

I agree, it’s most likely a backflow preventer.

I amend my comment, it could be a low flow vacuum breaker. Made for use with lawn sprinklers. Stehpan and sparksnmore the picture isn’t very telling but I’m sure of one thing – the insides are missing.