We need to upstart a for-profit RELO company for&by memb

Originally Posted By: hgordon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

It’s great how we come together!

Ken, Spencer, and myself have agreed to look at this as a combined effort. That is NACHI at its best!

As we look to the future in this market, we would enjoy the benefit of the input of the NACHI members!

Ken and Spencer, thank you for your vote of confidence and your willingness to see past the trees to the other side. Let's make this a winner!!

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: psabados

Way to go guys.

Keep us informed on whats going on. Look forward to hearing positive news in the future

Paul

Ken, Spencer and I would like you to join us in welcoming Gary Johnson to this Relocation Services venture!

Ken has been an integral part of NACHI and we are excited to have him be part of the team!

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Way to go Guys!! It’s great to see such co-operation. I really have no experience with relo, but I am located in Ontario Canada. If I can be of any help please don’t hesitate to ask. DOUG

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Perhaps some website addresses like:

www.inteRELO.com
www.inteRELO.org
www.inteRELO.net
www.inRELO.com
www.inRELO.org
www.inRELO.net

Nick

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Nick,

What about www.relocationinspection.com or www.nachirelocation.com or www.relohomeinspection ?

They're all available.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

The web domains are a nice idea, but who is the intended client?

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

UPDATE:

We have registered:

RelocationInspectors.com
RelocationInspectors.net
RelocationInspectors.org

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

jhagarty wrote:

Good question Joseph;

I posted the same question. It's great to keep patting yourselves on the back but have you given much thought to the process. My post again, I think it was missed in all of the hoopla yesterday.

Posted originally on 04/20/2004:

When y'all are talking about a "Relo" company are you talking about a relo jobber that jobs out the various inspections to other inspectors around the country (like US Inspect) or a full service Relocation Company that handles the transferee from the start to the finish, including the purchasing of homes from transferee's as needed.

Some things to consider; Reports will all need to be sent to a central location with a office staff to be complied for the customer, this would include appraisals, home inspections and all other paperwork that would be required. Most relo business is billed to the client company on a monthly basis, so payment to the inspectors and other professionals would be delayed unless funds are available for payment.

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

Nick:

I too will be happy to help with this new endeavor in the RELO market. I am prepared to get involved in the training for electrical inspection as it relates to commercial and industrial buildings. I already have seminars available that can be presented to the membership, as we are now planning for the residential basic series of electrical inspection training.

I will also be happy to contribute.

I learned in the short time that I have been a member affiliated with NACHI that this association is one who gets things done, and I am sure the members will agree that's it is all because of your leadership and the devoted members and those who are involved in the different committees.

Please keep me informed!

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

jtedesco wrote:
I learned in the short time that I have been a member affiliated with NACHI that this association is one who gets things done, and I am sure the members will agree that's it is all because of your leadership and the devoted members and those who are involved in the different committees.

Joe I would like to personally thank you for participation here at NACHI, we are truly being recognized as the premier national Home Inspection association because of people like you and your dedication.

You may not remember me but I have over the years back in New Jersey taken your continuing education courses required for electrical contractors. Your understanding and depth of knowledge of the National Electrical Code stands alone and we are proud to have you as a member.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

Joe:

Thank you for your kind words!

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Scott Patterson wrote:
jhagarty wrote:

Good question Joseph;

I posted the same question. It's great to keep patting yourselves on the back but have you given much thought to the process. My post again, I think it was missed in all of the hoopla yesterday.

Posted originally on 04/20/2004:

When y'all are talking about a "Relo" company are you talking about a relo jobber that jobs out the various inspections to other inspectors around the country (like US Inspect) or a full service Relocation Company that handles the transferee from the start to the finish, including the purchasing of homes from transferee's as needed.

Some things to consider; Reports will all need to be sent to a central location with a office staff to be complied for the customer, this would include appraisals, home inspections and all other paperwork that would be required. Most relo business is billed to the client company on a monthly basis, so payment to the inspectors and other professionals would be delayed unless funds are available for payment.

Who is the target audience of this Re-Lo Campaign???????

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: shuggins

I spoke with Nick this afternoon, I think he is in Long Island, NY. As many of you know we are in the process of forming a inspection relocation company. This will be a "for profit " company and will be great opportunity for members who are willing to particiapate. Each member who particiapates in the the program will become a shareholder in the company and will be on the call-list for inspections in their area. The company will be set-up as a inspection services only and maybe offering other services as the company grows. We will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks,

--
Spencer Huggins
H & H Inspection Services, LLC
Piedmont, Oklahoma
spencer@hhinspections.com
http//www.hhinspections.com

Oklahoma NACHI Chapter Vice President
shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: dbush

Can someone answer Joe’s question. Who is going to be the target audience of this company. Is it going to be corporations, individuals, immigrants, what?

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: mbailey

Sorry guys ? I tried to stay out of this as long as I could?

Some items to consider ?

1) Scott P. voiced some good thoughts on this the other day. And Scott just touched the tip of the iceberg.
2) Joe Hagarty (the president of NACHI) asked a very good question ? which has not been answered. Even though the people supposedly taking this on have posted messages since Joe?s original post.
3) This relo thing should all be handled off line, i.e. not on this board.
4) If you do feel the need to discuss this on this board ? do it in the members only section.
5) NACHI in recent history can not get its act together with much of anything, including its own structure, so put items 3 & 4 to use. I and many others get tired of being crapped on in this industry because of all of NACHI?s half-assed and half-thought out plans and ideas that are broadcast to the world.
6) Joe Tedesco - thank you for your offer to assist in training. You and your contributions are an asset to NACHI.
7) NACHI is a trade organization for home inspectors ? not a home inspection business, or a relo company.
8 If someone wants this Relo Co. idea to be a business then act like it ? Do the legwork to see if this is viable ? then pitch it as a business plan to the members, or to Nick and the steering committee, or whatever. Because if you do not investigate it like one would a true business start up ? you will end up in the pile of all other NACHI half?a$% tries and half-attempted benefits.
9) Please answer the question asked by Joe H., Scott P., Dave B, and now myself? ?Who is the target audience of this Re-Lo Campaign? ?

--
Mark Bailey
Stonegate Property Inspections LLC
Ponca, NE

Sure Dave, I would be glad to answer Joe.

This Relo service will provide nationwide relocation inspection services to Relocation Companies and Agents (as well as individuals if asked).

The concept, at the moment, is to create an organization who will promote the National Relocation Services and then contract NACHI members to do the work.

We are looking into a way to set the company up in such a way as to make the NACHI members stock holders (hence Nick's statement that maybe we could each pitch in 25 or 50 bucks to get it funded).

We are looking at a substantial upstart as you might well imagine. We will be looking into:

1. A web based reporting system that the inspector will use to complete the report once the inspection is complete.

2. A web based system that will track the jobs, payments, etc.

3. Nationwide Insurance Coverage of our agents (inspectors)

4. Laws in states which require HI Licensure

5. Contracts (must meet all state laws)

6. Stockholder Laws

7. Service Agreements (must meet all state laws)

8. More to come.....

As you all can see this is an ambitious project that will take months of planning and R&D. We are estimating that the bill to just complete the R&D required to be sure that we do not violate any Federal, State, or Municipal laws may exceed 10k.

There are obvious additional costs related to equipment, forms, staff, utilities, marketing, etc.

It is our hope that in the days to come that we (Ken, Spencer, Gary, and myself) will be able to begin structured conversations that will set out a Phase by Phase needs and goals tied to the financial needs for each. Once this has been completed we will seek the funding in stages to cover the costs necessary to see the venture to its conception.

Well I hope this kind brings the members up to speed on this project. If not, Ken, Spencer, Gary or myself will be glad to answer any questions.

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: shuggins

Joe,Mark,Scott and Dave,

The target audience would be the full service relocation company and anybody else who needs an inspection. I'm contracted by a relocation inspection company in Texas, who is contracted by a full services relocation company. We are trying to cut out the middle man, all of the inspections will be preformed by NACHI inspectors in that area.
I cover the entire state Oklahoma for the company I work for, if NACHI had something setup, we could use the inspector in that area.

Somebody ask for this thread to be moved and sure we could do that.
HALF-A@# (We are trying to get this thing going.) So hang in there.

If you have questions please feel free to PM.

Thanks,

--
Spencer Huggins
H & H Inspection Services, LLC
Piedmont, Oklahoma
spencer@hhinspections.com
http//www.hhinspections.com

Oklahoma NACHI Chapter Vice President
shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Mark,

I understand your frustrations. That is why if you read my post you will see that there is no "rush" to say stuff or get inspectors hopes up.

We agree that NACHI is not in the business to "compete" with its members and as such Ken, Spencer, Gary, and myself have opted to take the bull by the horns and see what may come of it.

We also agree with your statement that this should be handled off the OPEN topics so that those who are not members are not involved.

Ken, Spencer, Gary, and myself would then request of our IT guys this, could you please move this topic to Members Only?

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: mbailey

Harvey & Spencer,

Thank you for the replies and the additional information.

One last question? I ask because not everyone knows about relo inspections. Is everyone involved in this aware that relo inspections are not full fledged home inspections and have their own guidelines set forth by the Employee Relocation Council? The ERC guidelines are commonly used in the relo industry.

Spencer ? from your earlier reply you sound familiar with this type of work. What about everyone else?

--
Mark Bailey
Stonegate Property Inspections LLC
Ponca, NE