We need to upstart a for-profit RELO company for&by memb

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

As you know, NACHI’s audacious goal is to by-pass real estate agents all together and (mostly using the internet) get our work directly from home buyers.

We are succeeding at this. However there is one market we won't crack with the internet: The corporate relocation market.

I think we should put together a RELO company. NACHI can cover 1/2 the planet earth now and can certainly cover all parts of the U.S. and most of Canada much better than any one company could dream of. We are also more technically savvy and work together as an organization well. We are really positioned to take these big RELO contracts for our members.

I get to meet a lot of inspectors all over (what with my schedule). NACHI has a reputation in several areas, most notably: integrity. In other words all the, ASHI members, independents, NACHI members, etc associate NACHI with lead generation, hi-tech, camaraderie, but most importantly... integrity. Everywhere I go, even our adversaries associate NACHI with integrity. I think refusing to accept paid ads, refusing to cut side deals, operating an open message board, and not charging for every little thing, reinforces this industry wide association between NACHI & integrity. Which brings me to my next point...

I think we should form a separate for-profit corporation to do this. I'll help for free as long as the inspection work goes to NACHI members first. Such an operation is not suited to be run from within NACHI. Perhaps we can all just pitch in $25 or $50 dollars or so to get it funded and up and running. Maybe even make us all partners or stock holders. Does someone have any thoughts on this? Gary did a nice job with the NACHI Foundation (a separate registered charity). Maybe someone else could offer to run a RELO company. I just think we have to grab this chunk of the market for our members.

Thinking out loud today.

Nick

Originally Posted By: ktrice

Myself and Spencer Huggins have answered this response from Nick to try to start this new program the Relocation company to try to get as much of this work as we possibly can for our members. We are not sure how this will work or exactly what we are getting into but we would like to try to take this and run with it with the support of Nachi and it’s members.

Ken Trice
www.tricehomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

I wouldn’t run it, but would be more then willing to help. I am actually considered an expert on Corporations and start ups and such.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: ktrice

Gary I’m sure we will be needing someone like you to help us with several item’s dealing with this project. I look forward to working with you and all the other members.

Thanks
Ken

Originally Posted By: hgordon

I have a few ideas here that would include merging the NACHI Db so that a search would turn up the existing members…also, maybe we could have each member go to heir profiles and check that they want to provide relo services.

I have also spoken with a Answering Service that would allow us to publish one 800 number that would give the person access to all by simply stating the area needed and the service would then contact the "next HI in line" until they get one that has the time open...that HI would then call the client directly...more to follow...

I am doing something similar to that for us locally here in SE Fla...that is for the new SE Fla Chapter.

Setting up the Co is cheap...do you see it as a Profit company or as a Leads Not For Profit?

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: dgreen1

I’ve spent 20 years doing corporate relocation inspections both directly and through different networks. I would be happy to help.

Michael Green

1-877-INSPECT/InspectorUSA

Kaesar & Blair Advertising Specialties Dealer

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Since there are many coming & going here in sunny Florida, count me in, what ever I can do to help and as a stockholder too.

Joe Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

I use to do ‘third’ (corporate buy-ins) party work.

When you come to Columbus we will talk.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: rsummers

I bite where do we send the check?

Originally Posted By: loconnor

This seems a rather large project to under take.

What is involved in starting a relo company? Would there be a
conflict of interest problem with this type of setup, especially
being a "For Profit" entity?

Just asking questions.

As a fairly new member to NACHI and the industry, I'm not sure
I can be much help, but will offer what I can.

I definately see the advantages of such an entity.

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Nick,

Because I come down on NACHI so often for its failures, I thought I would point out one of those flashes of brilliance I referred to.

This is one of them.

I'm not into relo inspections, but, if done right (lots of CYA) you can protect yourself and your client (which, in this case, is the relo company). But if the relo inspection is not realistic, it will get killed by the follow-up home inspection for the relo companies buyer.

I've heard many horror stories where the relo company inspection was worth squat, and the buyers inspection beat the house to a pulp. Don't know for sure if the relo inspection companies had to kick $$$, but I think they did.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Nick as disucussed:

1. I have purchased the domain we spoke of.

2. Will get in touch with Joe Ferry today, IF I CAN FIND HIM!!

3. Looking into the blanket Insurances we spoke of.

4. Working on the Reporting facet as well.

5. What about the upstart costs?

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: shuggins

Mr. Gordon,

I never got a response from you last night? After reading the MB this morning, now I know why I never got a response. I feel like I been railroaded this morning and thats not how we do thing here in Oklahoma. We have already started looking into this here and being located in the midwest it just made sense?

--
Spencer Huggins
H & H Inspection Services, LLC
Piedmont, Oklahoma
spencer@hhinspections.com
http//www.hhinspections.com

Oklahoma NACHI Chapter Vice President
shuggins@ok.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: lwilliams

Great idea Nick, although I would need more info and am not sure how I would fit in, but this sounds like something I would like to get involved with. Could you bring me up to speed on where you are with this right now? I would be interested in shifting gears from inspections to relo’s.

Spencer,

It was not our intention to "railroad" you.

Simply after a conversation with Nick, we both agreed that it was a venture worth investing in.

I am at home injured and was not following the thread, so I missed your message. Call me and we can discuss it.

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Harvey,

I sent e-mails to you and Nick, I never got a response. Gary Johnson is the only person that I have spoken with on this matter, but seems you and Nick have already worked something out. This thread started out with the word (integrity), this the reason I joined NACHI. Gary, thanks for such a quick response on my e-mails.
Harvey, I will be in the office this afternoon, we can meet on this matter then.
Thanks,

Oklahoma NACHI Chapter V.P.

--
Spencer Huggins
Piedmont, Oklahoma

shuggins@ok.nachi.org

shuggins wrote:
...seems you and Nick have already worked something out.

Spencer, it just so happened that Nick and I was conversating about another issue when I advised him of my desire to throw in my hat to the ring for this project.

I expressed my thoughts as well as discussed some issues that would need addressing prior to just saying that we will provide National Relocation Services. To simply believe that this is a "give me" would be a mistake.

As I told you by by Private Email, call me and we can discuss any concerns you may have.

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

When y’all are talking about a “Relo” company are you talking about a relo jobber that jobs out the various inspections to other inspectors around the country (like US Inspect) or a full service Relocation Company that handles the transferee from the start to the finish, including the purchasing of homes from transferee’s as needed.

Some things to consider; Reports will all need to be sent to a central location with a office staff to be complied for the customer, this would include appraisals, home inspections and all other paperwork that would be required. Most relo business is billed to the client company on a monthly basis, so payment to the inspectors and other professionals would be delayed unless funds are available for payment.

Harvey,

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I think we all can work together and come to agreement. I was misinformed on this matter and apoligze for the dissagreement. You can PM me if you have any more questions.

Thanks you,

--
Spencer Huggins
Piedmont, Oklahoma

shuggins@ok.nachi.org