Well flow reporting

Originally Posted By: jmyers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

What do you say to the buyers when you have less than 3 gallons per minute at the fixtures in the house? Do they need to replace the current setup and drill a new well?

Joe Myers

A & N Inspections, Inc.

http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: rkuntz

What is everyone using for a well flow report? I am looking for a template to use. Would anyone want to help me out? Thanks

email >>ronk@pro-spect.biz

Sure ronk I can show you what they look like. It is in Word Format. It gives you a general idea but you will end up having to do you own template. If you need help let me know. I emailed it to you as an attachment

Joe Myers

A & N Inspections, Inc.

http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: rwills

What do you say to the buyers when you have less than 3 gallons per minute at the fixtures in the house? OH WELL.

Originally Posted By: jremas

deleted

Jeff,

what is your email address? It is not listed under your profile.

Joe Myers

deleted

Jeff,

And all this time you let me think you were not smart. Yes, the capacity part is the GPM multiplied by the length of time you let the water run. For example:

4 GPM X 120 minutes = 480 gallon capacity (4 X 120)

Hope this helps. BTW...lots of them are running dry because of the drought, especially the shallow wells.

Joe Myers

deleted

Jeff,

I bought mine from NACHI. It was the combination of pressure gauge and GPM gauge. Unfortunately it did not last very long, broke somewhere around the 6th inspection I used it for. I only paid about $100 for it but since it broke so easily I too am thinking about making my own from scratch. Just make sure you buy good gauges.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Brad Chasse

Hi Joe,

I’ve been a member since August but this is my first experience with the board. Finding it quite informative. Anyway, I searched high and low for a GPM gauge (Professional Equipment, Graingers, etc.) an could not locate one. At least one that didn’t cost big bucks. So I decided to call a plumbing supply company (RJ Walker) in Wilkes-Barre to see if they could help. The counter guy I talked to was quite funny and said I should do what he’s done for years. Use a 5 gallon bucket with 1/2 gallon increments marked on the sides and a good old fashioned Timex. Of course if your looking to impress your client that’s another story. You’ll have to go out and buy a new shinny clean bucket icon_lol.gif

Thanks for all the good info out there.

Brad Chasse
Safeguard Home Inspections
Pocono Lake, PA

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Brad Chasse

Hey Igor

Take it easy man, having a bad day? ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif) I did'nt mean to insult anyone with my 5 gallon bucket suggestion. If you could please post were I can order that guage combo for $80 bucks I would be forever in your debt.

Brad Chasse

Igor and Bradd,

That gauge is crap. I had that one and it broke after the sixth inspection. Toro makes it and I would never buy another one.

I use the bucket thing until I can make my own with good gauges.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

I have an inspection coming up that has been unoccupied since October with the water shut off. It is a well system with a filtration system. The buyers want the water tested. Will this affect the test? If so, what do I have to do to get a proper sample?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Deleted

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Joe,

You must get a lot of failures if they are not accepting less than 4 GPM. Either way they would just have a company come in and adjust the pressure to a higher setting and maybe replace the bladder tank with a larger one.

Joe Myers

Joe,

There was a lot of that going on this summer, like you said mostly shallow wells although I did get a few deep wells that went dry. Turns out they were not all that deep.

Most people don't realize that one of the most important factors is the recovery rate. The only way to test that is to let the people living there do their usual routine and see if they run the well dry after the well flow report.

Joe Myers