what do you call that?

I am looking for an intelligent way to describe the rubber grommet flappy thing that goes in the kitchen sink drain above a garbage disposal that is supposed to prevent larger items from dropping into the disposal, plus prevent items from flying out during operation.
any ideas?

Bob found it…

It is called a splash guard.

ahh splash guard, thats it. although I did like rubber flappy thingy too

rubber flappy thing works for me…