New construction GA. These are typical. I believe it is a grounding/bonding bus bar for exterior mounted communication/cable equipment. The electrical service is grounded via an UFER which is visible in the garage.
I also have concerns the bond wire is painted, is that also a problem?
This was my thinking; When I peered down inside and looked at the set screw, the set screw was definitely tightened against painted wire. I was mildly concerned this may impede a good ground connection.
But I agree with Michael and the rest of you. Thanks everyone.
250.94 Bonding for Communication Systems. Communications system bonding terminations shall be connected in accordance with (A) or (B).
(A) The Intersystem Bonding Termination Device. An intersystem bonding termination (IBT) for connecting intersystem bonding conductors shall be provided external to enclosures at
the service equipment or metering equipment enclosure and at the disconnecting means for any additional buildings or structures. If an IBT is used, it shall comply with the following:
(1) Be accessible for connection and inspection.
(2) Consist of a set of terminals with the capacity for connection of not less than three intersystem bonding conductors.
(3) Not interfere with opening the enclosure for a service,
building or structure disconnecting means, or metering
(4) At the service equipment, be securely mounted and electrically connected to an enclosure for the service equipment, to the meter enclosure, or to an exposed nonflexible metallic service raceway, or be mounted at one of these enclosures and be connected to the enclosure or to the grounding electrode conductor with a minimum 6 AWG copper conductor.
(5) At the disconnecting means for a building or structure, be securely mounted and electrically connected to the metallic enclosure for the building or structure disconnecting means, or be mounted at the disconnecting means and be connected to the metallic enclosure or to the grounding electrode conductor with a minimum 6 AWG copper conductor.
(6) The terminals shall be listed as grounding and bonding equipment.